Predictions and general chat

BOF

I don't think it's a bad move.

If nothing else, he's a decent fullback and adding the threat of the option will tend to keep opposing defenses from all-out blitzing Brady when he's back there with him.

As for the distraction that Tebow was with the Jets... if there's any team and coach who can shut that shit down, it's the Patriots/Belichick.

That said, I don't buy for a second Werder's report that Tebow has been signed as exclusively a QB. If that's accurate, then the signing makes no sense at all.

Though it would be perfectly in keeping with Belichick's mania for secrecy to proclaim loudly that Tebow will only be used as a QB and then trot him out as a FB/RB/TE/WR/ST when no one is expecting it...

Tebow's a good (read: NFL-level) football player.

He's not a good quarterback.

Belichick quotes

Anything we do is what we feel is in the best interest of the team. Tim is a talented player that’s smart and works hard, so we’ll see how it goes

As reporters continued to press him for thoughts about Tebow, Belichick began to grow annoyed.

“I’ve answered that question twice: He’s a talented player who’s smart and works hard,” Belichick repeated.

Asked more questions about Tebow, Belichick urged reporters to find something new to talk about.

“We’ve already talked enough about him,” Belichick said. “I think I’ve covered it. Anything else?”

Some of the questions from the media were about the media, including whether Belichick thought the presence of reporters at this week’s minicamp could become a distraction.

“We’ve been in front of bigger crowds than this before,” Belichick said. “Hopefully there will be more than that at our games on Sundays.”

Asked about how Tebow will be used, Belichick declined to get into specifics.

“We’re gonna do what we think is best for this football team, so, I don’t know, we’ll see,” Belichick said. “We’ll see, I don’t know.”

Belichick did dispute the report that he “hates” Tebow as a player, although he made clear that he didn’t want to talk much about that.

“I like Tim. I have a lot of respect for Tim,” Belichick said.

Belichick may like Tebow. But Belichick doesn’t seem to like all the questions about Tebow.

Bernard Pollard's legacy lives on.

Tore up Brady's knee, tore up Welker's knee, gave Gronkowski the ankle sprain that ruined him before their last Super Bowl, and knocked Ridley unconscious in the last AFC Championship.. Add to that: He's the last person to tackle Aaron Hernandez - Q4 1:31 3 and 1 Tom Brady pass complete short left to Aaron Hernandez for 11 yards (tackle by Bernard Pollard).

You can't make this stuff up. #PatriotKiller

Hernandez throws his life away playing a wanna be gangster. Such a waste. He looked defiant and remorseless during his perp walk, even spitting on the ground for effect. Total piece of shit, he had the world in his hands and he's blown it all to Hell.

It seems odd to sign someone who could play FB/TE/WR when there's guys out there that can play those positions.

It's the level of uncertainty in the defence's eyes that he brings to a play. With him there, he could be about to fulfil any of 3 positions at any time. I'd say that's the difference. He will just put defences that bit more on edge and anything like that will be a big plus for Brady.

Â