The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

On 23/07/2024 at 20:10, Jenko#4 said:

Completely agree with everything that you’ve written regarding the end of his playing days, however what I would say is that he is possibly one of the biggest advocates of NSWE, Emery, and the new Aston Villa across all the UK media channels. He is giving us a voice on Talksport and bringing us to a wider audience, rather than a 24/7 Ten Hag/United love in. You are right to criticise part of his playing career, but I genuinely think he does really support the Villa and want us to do well. 

I’d say we have plenty of advocates now without him. He’s an embarrassment who comes out with utter drivel. I don’t want him as an ambassador. I’m sure he’s a Villa fan but if it runs that deep perhaps he’d have given a shit back in the day. He’s just riding our wave of success as the Villa mouthpiece on TalkShite. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Bizarre that the BBC don't even mention that he was a former Premier League footballer. If he had played for Newcastle or Spurs they would've mentioned it prominently.

Dont think its something we should be proud to be connected with 😝

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dont think its something we should be proud to be connected with 😝

Especially considering he's a Erdogan flunky!

But I don't think @Mantis was suggesting he wanted that attention for Villa. 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Especially considering he's a Erdogan flunky!

But I don't think @Mantis was suggesting he wanted that attention for Villa. 

Nope, just think there's double standards in the media when it comes to coverage.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Nope, just think there's double standards in the media when it comes to coverage.

Totally. Still a massive blindspot for Villa.

• Like 1

I saw Kelsey Mooney had scored for Accrington Stanley today, done well to get back to that level, previous three seasons he's been playing in National League North

Colin Odutayo has signed for FC Aarau in the Swiss second tier, that's him, Declan Frith, and Caleb Chukwuemeka that have all joined that league this summer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â