Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Herd

Gardner Jenas

Bannan Agbonlahor

Bent

I'd quite like to see a skillful and energetic midfield supporting and supplying Bent.

Why does everyone include Herd in these exciting new energetic midfields. He really is not a midfielder. He's at best an inexperienced average right back playing out of his depth and out of position. I was hoping gardener would be the one to displace him when he's given his chance.

He is not out of position he is a midfielder.

I wouldn't be adverse to just letting all the kids kick on in the first team now, albeit Herd at RB, Bannan in for Heskey, Clark for Collins, Gardner in the middle, keep a core if experience down the spine - Given, Dunne, Petrov, Bent

For me that's an exciting blend of youth and quality experience

Herd

Gardner Jenas

Bannan Agbonlahor

Bent

I'd quite like to see a skillful and energetic midfield supporting and supplying Bent.

Why does everyone include Herd in these exciting new energetic midfields. He really is not a midfielder. He's at best an inexperienced average right back playing out of his depth and out of position. I was hoping gardener would be the one to displace him when he's given his chance.

Never watched the reserves play but as far as I was aware Herd was always a cm who moved to right back. May be mistaken though

I for one think that this will do the kid a world of good playing in a physical fast paced league rather than in the reserves or under 18's and for once McGinger has made a good decision.

This kid should be something special, I am especially certain of this as the only people who think he won't make it have such fanastic records of not finding their own arse in the dark!! :winkold:

i think herd's done well lately, i've been pleasantly surprised, he's a much better option than gardner

Now that you've posted that, I'm 100% sure Gardner should get a chance :D

Herd has played well so far

Maybe its because he doesnt have a very fashionable name

Perhaps if he were called Herdandez, its not his fault were having to rely on him so much we dont have the luxury of breaking him in gently

Herd in german means cooker or oven. Some of these german words are pretty schick right now, sort of zeitgeist......

Agree with CI in so far as he mentions keeping an experienced spine to the team, and let the kids have a run around. Think Weimann is up for the challenge, and Gardner could do with an outing or two. Just have to avoid them crumbling under the physican challenge to the game at top level. Maybe get them down the gym to get some of the treatment Gabby got.

Herd in german means cooker or oven. Some of these german words are pretty schick right now, sort of zeitgeist......

Agree with CI in so far as he mentions keeping an experienced spine to the team, and let the kids have a run around. Think Weimann is up for the challenge, and Gardner could do with an outing or two. Just have to avoid them crumbling under the physican challenge to the game at top level. Maybe get them down the gym to get some of the treatment Gabby got.

Have you seen Weimann and Gardner lately? Neither of them will have any problem with the physical side of the game as they're a couple of strong guys.

Yes I also admire Herd`s development since seeing him in one of the youth tournaments here a few years back. Needs the experience, which is comming, to deal with tackles and positioning to avoid giving away silly free kicks (were a couple of instances on Sunday where he could have done better). Certainly a bright prospect, and well agile for his size.

Looking more secure on the ball too. Maybe a long term replacement for Petrov (if he isn`t sold off to a Manc team...).

Yes I also admire Herd`s development since seeing him in one of the youth tournaments here a few years back. Needs the experience, which is comming, to deal with tackles and positioning to avoid giving away silly free kicks (were a couple of instances on Sunday where he could have done better). Certainly a bright prospect, and well agile for his size.

Looking more secure on the ball too. Maybe a long term replacement for Petrov (if he isn`t sold off to a Manc team...).

Why would City or United buy Petrov? :winkold:

Why would City or United buy Petrov? :winkold:

Think he was referring to Herd.

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â