Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

His long passing technique is fantastic. Sadly he doesn't seem to actually notice where any of his teammates are and just pings it anywhere. When watching the game today I saw the ball gliding through the air and I thought to myself "Wow, what a ball!", only to realise that there is no Villa player within 50 yards of where the ball will land. Absolute crap.

That's the one Steve Bruce was also mouthing "**** crap" on as well.

I'll stick up for him over Westwood as Westwood has been a fixture in our side for 3 or 4 years now whereas Gardner has only really had any sort of run in the team this season and in view of the injuries that have blighted his career so far he deserves some slack.

Edited by PaulC

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'll stick up for him over Westwood as Westwood has been a fixture in our side for 3 or 4 years now whereas Gardner has only really had any sort of run in the team this season and in view of the injuries that have blighted his career so far he deserves some slack.

He pulled a strange expression when he got subbed off, it was almost a smirk, I think he does hold back but I do love him, I also think he's a premier league player

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I also think he's a premier league player

I haven't seen anything in his game to suggest that. I remember the hype as he came through, his performances in the next gen and the U21s for England and I thought he could be special. Ultimately it looks as though the injuries have cost him some crucial years of development time. I cannot see him being anything more than what we say today.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Very retro crisp reference there. 

Strange comment. Skips are surely still a very mainstream snack.  More retro would have been Ringos or salt and vinegar puffs? 

Just now, sidcow said:

Strange comment. Skips are surely still a very mainstream snack.  More retro would have been Ringos or salt and vinegar puffs? 

Are they? Can't say I can remember the last time I saw them in a shop, not that I'm looking carefully mind you. 

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are they? Can't say I can remember the last time I saw them in a shop, not that I'm looking carefully mind you. 

100%  one of my goto snacks though I actually prefer the marks and Spencer own brand version which are even more yummylicious and come in a giant sized back to fill my giant sized belly.  Sorry for straying off topic though. . Topic is a retro chocolate bar also still available! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

100%  one of my goto snacks though I actually prefer the marks and Spencer own brand version which are even more yummylicious and come in a giant sized pack to fill my giant sized belly.  Sorry for straying off topic though. . Topic is a retro chocolate bar also still available! 

Edited by sidcow

Think he is a bit one paced, not quick enough at making decisions. Would like to keep him as a squad player though as I feel there is a good player in there.

Come on, he wasnt as bad today as some suggest. He hit some nice passes, one down the right flank that nearly released Kodjia, and should have had a penalty, he even tracked back and tackled/blocked. He is way better than Westwood and offers so much more.

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Come on, he wasnt as bad today as some suggest. He hit some nice passes, one down the right flank that nearly released Kodjia, and should have had a penalty, he even tracked back and tackled/blocked. e is way better than Westwood and offers so much more.

He wasn't very good either. Another bad day at the office for him (again)

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

One thing with Gardner on the pitch is he offers us a goal threat going forward. even today he was a toe away from a goal and has gone close in a few games this season

Our only midfielder that could get 10+ goals per season

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

"Smiths" crisps with the little blue bag of salt.....how's that for retro.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

One thing with Gardner on the pitch is he offers us a goal threat going forward. even today he was a toe away from a goal and has gone close in a few games this season

That is true......but pardon the description It's his "ring craft " that is suspect.

his simply drifts in and out.....we need a poor mans Kante.....constantly "at it"

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â