Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

You can read it a number of ways. Hopefully the new owners have agreed his contract extension.

Think was on the cards for a while before Randy put a stop to contract extensions.

However, even though I think it's very unlikely but he could've been offered a lower contract to prove himself which would get reviewed probably after this season under new owners (hence 2 year) if he does well, as I said seems unlikely though.

Surprised we've renewed the contract of someone who never plays. He's 22 next month so by this point you'd expect him to get a game if he was any good.

The club must still think highly of him, 22 is still young, he was rated among the wilsheres, shelveys of this world a few years ago

• Like 1

Surprised we've renewed the contract of someone who never plays. He's 22 next month so by this point you'd expect him to get a game if he was any good.

The club tend to hold on to players who come through a long time, Delfouneso just got released and he is 24.

I'm also not sure we do enough to give players debuts as early as possible but you could argue past 3-4 seasons the last thing we needed was more young players in the team.

Surprised we've renewed the contract of someone who never plays. He's 22 next month so by this point you'd expect him to get a game if he was any good wasn't injured all the time.

Fixed.

Not sure about this one. Would love for him to stay fit and start fulfilling his potential and make a real contribution to the first team. He's had a lot of pretty devastating injuries, though, and missed some key development years to the treatment table. Then again, Delph managed to do it, so hopefully Gary can too.

• Like 2

He's hardly been fit for the last two years, might have some impact on the amount he's played. Last time he had a good run of luck with injuries he was starting to get involved with the first team, although that seems a long time ago. 

happy that Gary is given another chance

sad that Albrighton didn't get the same consideration though

lets hope Chris Herd doesn't get a four year contract to follow

I completely forgot about herd to be honest, what is his situation now?

I think the difference between Albrighton and Gardner is that other clubs are making wage offers for Albrighton that we can't match, reportedly he's been offered 35k/week at Leicester. It appears no one's made similar offers to Gardner.

Thought Herd was retiring from the game?

I think the difference between Albrighton and Gardner is that other clubs are making wage offers for Albrighton that we can't match, reportedly he's been offered 35k/week at Leicester. It appears no one's made similar offers to Gardner.

Thought Herd was retiring from the game?

I thought the Herd thing was disciplinary matter bad enough for us to release him?

I'm really happy for him. I hope we see him a few times next season, and he at least gets a few chances to impress. (I also hope he stays relatively injury-free!)

I really really do want to buy into the GG is the next best thing blah blah blah but so far it's not easy.

It must be the injuries he has sustained but whenever I have seen him in the 1st team he just doesn't look good enough.

That said I don't see him in training and I haven't seen him since the pre season friendly against Walsall. He must have done something good to get an extension so he must be better than I have witnessed.

I hope next season he is good enough to be given a run of games so he can finally realise the hype that has been around him for years, good luck GG.

Players can really change overnight. He'll probably struggle this season no matter what, but hopefully the club are patient with him. Remember how long it took for Ramsey to realize his massive potential after the leg break, and then consider that Gardner has had much worse injury luck.

I'm really happy for him. I hope we see him a few times next season, and he at least gets a few chances to impress. (I also hope he stays relatively injury-free!)

Only relatively?
I'm just being realistic. Everyone gets little injuries now and then. Though I hope he doesn't pick up one, it's part of the game.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â