Brad Guzan

R.Bear

He's a good keeper -- solid mid-table, unlike the rest of our Championship squad. Bad day at the office.

In no conceivable way is he a mid-table Premier League goalkeeper. Apart from Bournemouth, he wouldn't start for a single other Premier League team. If you mean he's a mid-table Championship goalkeeper, then you're getting closer to the truth. 

In terms of ability, he is comfortably mid table.

But you add in mistakes and it obviously makes that irrelevant.

He's a good keeper -- solid mid-table, unlike the rest of our Championship squad. Bad day at the office.

In no conceivable way is he a mid-table Premier League goalkeeper. Apart from Bournemouth, he wouldn't start for a single other Premier League team. If you mean he's a mid-table Championship goalkeeper, then you're getting closer to the truth. 

In terms of ability, he is comfortably mid table.

But you add in mistakes and it obviously makes that irrelevant.

Well, yeah. That's true enough.

The reaction on here is incredible, it was a mistake, a terrible pass that led to the goal. 90% Guzan, 10% Lescott, I'd say, but reading the posts prior to the game it was pretty unanimous that he was playing well, keeping the score down in games and making some great saves, suddenly he's a word removed who should never play for us again?!

That's 1 mistake for the season in my eyes (I can watch it countless times and I still don't regard the other one as his fault, it was a comfortable pass to Amavi when their player was retreating, their player spotted it and went to close Amavi down and rather than clear it or pass to someone else he lost possession and cost us a goal), he's not been the best keeper in the league, nor the worst, comfortably in that middle bracket and some of you need to get a bloody grip

• Like 2

The reaction on here is incredible, it was a mistake, a terrible pass that led to the goal. 90% Guzan, 10% Lescott, I'd say, but reading the posts prior to the game it was pretty unanimous that he was playing well, keeping the score down in games and making some great saves, suddenly he's a word removed who should never play for us again?!

That's 1 mistake for the season in my eyes (I can watch it countless times and I still don't regard the other one as his fault, it was a comfortable pass to Amavi when their player was retreating, their player spotted it and went to close Amavi down and rather than clear it or pass to someone else he lost possession and cost us a goal), he's not been the best keeper in the league, nor the worst, comfortably in that middle bracket and some of you need to get a bloody grip

Big mistake vs Leicester? 

And I know this was last season but his mistake vs Man City was also horrendous. Guzan is shite an if we had decent back up I'd be happy to not see him in Villa shirt again. I can't even remember the last time he had a really good game

And I know this was last season but his mistake vs Man City was also horrendous. Guzan is shite an if we had decent back up I'd be happy to not see him in Villa shirt again. I can't even remember the last time he had a really good game

V Liverpool?

Man City was a bad one yes, but that was last season and it was probably his first major mistake since joining us.

I'm actually really struggling to remember the Leicester goals now, what was his mistake there?

Pantilimon at Sunderland is worse. I think if dropping Guzan was an option we would have done it already. He's always been overrated on here anyway.

It's panic mode everytime the ball is played to his feet. 

Edited by supernova26

V Liverpool?

Man City was a bad one yes, but that was last season and it was probably his first major mistake since joining us.

I'm actually really struggling to remember the Leicester goals now, what was his mistake there?

He got beaten in the air by a midget for the winning goal

• Like 2

Sherwood made him bad. Maybe make him play to his strength instead of the passing from the back game.

I think Sherwood is also the cause for 9/11 and assassination of JFK?

Hihihi

Guzan never had so many mistakes under Lambert. Then mistakes from Guzan were almost non-existent. Just let him kick the ball to row Z if necessary. Forget trying to make Guzan play like Valdes at Barca.

Edited by momo

2 mistakes. 

Today and vs Leicester.

I agree with you that Palace wasn't a mistake by him. Not in the slightest.

His form appears to have hit basement under the tutelage of Tony Parkes.... 

This, so much.

Given looked terrible last season, Bunn didn't look great either. Our keepers have been getting steadily worse under Parkes.

Edited by jon_c

His confidence is shot. Sherwood hung him out to dry in my opinion by dropping him after Citeh last season and by not backing him as his number 1 in the summer until it became apparent he couldn't replace him. Even if we were looking, he should of been bigging brad up as confidence is critical for a GK. 

• Like 3

His confidence is shot. Sherwood hung him out to dry in my opinion by dropping him after Citeh last season and by not backing him as his number 1 in the summer until it became apparent he couldn't replace him. Even if we were looking, he should of been bigging brad up as confidence is critical for a GK. 

risking our premier league survival on a keeper he or his defence didnt trust?

risking our premier league survival on a keeper he or his defence didnt trust?

nope you can blame Sherwood for a lot of things but Guzman is 100% at fault. Remember what he also did against citeh? The guy is a clown. We were completely comfortable up until that stage

Â