Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Yep, I'm assuming dn1982 didn't see the Notts County game. If that game isn't putting a foot wrong then he's being very very lenient.

he gave away a penalty but for me the blame was in Baker. His crap pass went straight to there player who played into the space Baker had left Bunn had no choice but to come out as there wasn't any other defenders and the player was clean through. Guzan is causing errors and mistakes when there are other choices. His distribution also puts us under pressure time and again. He never kicks the ball into the last 3rd and only just gets over the half way line with a good kick. That straight away applies pressure. 

His kicking is abysmal

Considering how animated Tony Parks our goalkeeping coach is on the touchline trying to do Wilkins job maybe he should focus a little more on teaching Brad how to kick a ball

Could you point out what was abysmal about his kicking today?

Or is this just the go to line when he doesn't make any other errors so that we've got something to be critical about?

When he's put under pressure by he tends to kick the ball out of play it happened on numerous occasions today and he always looks to play a short pass to the fullbacks or throw the ball out he almost seems scared to hit it long and go direct

I didn't think he was bad today i think he's a great shot stopper but he really needs to improve this part of his game

When he's put under pressure, he tends to get rid of the ball.

What a terrible idea.

You can't see any difference between those situations? One where the keeper has the ball in his hands and play is dead, one where the opposition are attacking the penalty area?

Both resulted in a goal after a mistake from either the goalkeeper or the defender. You implied that if Bunn shouted it was his fault and if he didn't then its Baker, right?. I'm saying what if Amavi called for the ball? Does that completely absolve Guzan of the blame people put on him?

Point is if you're going to go on minute details then we'll never be able to make a judgment and therefore nobody can ever be right or wrong in those situations. 

You can't see any difference between those situations? One where the keeper has the ball in his hands and play is dead, one where the opposition are attacking the penalty area?

Both resulted in a goal after a mistake from either the goalkeeper or the defender. You implied that if Bunn shouted it was his fault and if he didn't then its Baker, right?. I'm saying what if Amavi called for the ball? Does that completely absolve Guzan of the blame people put on him?

Point is if you're going to go on minute details then we'll never be able to make a judgment and therefore nobody can ever be right or wrong in those situations. 

I'm going to try one more time, but I think we're talking past each other.

I'm saying that whether Bunn shouted or not has some bearing on the share of responsibility between himself and Baker. As Stevo notes, it doesn't excuse Bunn no matter what, because at the end of the day, he flattened a player in our penalty area. It was the worst possible outcome, and he arguably should have been sent off. My implication is that Baker may hold some responsibility depending on what was communicated between them or otherwise, but, I further noted, since we don't know what that was, it seems pointless assigning different degrees of blame.

I don't understand the relevance of the Amavi comparison. I don't know what your opinion of that situation was, but mine was that Guzan chose the wrong option for distribution but that Amavi had to take the majority of the blame for losing the ball in his own half. I feel Guzan should have chosen another option, and I would feel that way whether Amavi visibly wanted the ball or not. Goalkeepers have time when they have the ball in their hands, they don't have to roll it to the first person who shouts.

Anyway, this is wandering way off topic. If other people don't see it the same way, that's okay too.

I'm going to try one more time, but I think we're talking past each other.

I'm saying that whether Bunn shouted or not has some bearing on the share of responsibility between himself and Baker. As Stevo notes, it doesn't excuse Bunn no matter what, because at the end of the day, he flattened a player in our penalty area. It was the worst possible outcome, and he arguably should have been sent off. My implication is that Baker may hold some responsibility depending on what was communicated between them or otherwise, but, I further noted, since we don't know what that was, it seems pointless assigning different degrees of blame.

I don't understand the relevance of the Amavi comparison. I don't know what your opinion of that situation was, but mine was that Guzan chose the wrong option for distribution but that Amavi had to take the majority of the blame for losing the ball in his own half. I feel Guzan should have chosen another option, and I would feel that way whether Amavi visibly wanted the ball or not. Goalkeepers have time when they have the ball in their hands, they don't have to roll it to the first person who shouts.

Anyway, this is wandering way off topic. If other people don't see it the same way, that's okay too.

I don't think we're talking past each other. I think we're agreeing.

I wasn't actually disagreeing with your initial post. I was merely offering a question out to the forum that stemmed from your initial thought which is why I quoted you.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â