Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we just can't be messing around. I personally think it is 2 steps back but I guess there is always an exception to the rule.

He is the 4th best goalkeeper in Premier League behind Cech, Reina and hart. Who did you want us to sign Casillas, Buffon

Well we just can't be messing around. I personally think it is 2 steps back but I guess there is always an exception to the rule.

He is the 4th best goalkeeper in Premier League behind Cech, Reina and hart. Who did you want us to sign Casillas, Buffon

Buffon would be too short term thinking :)

Well it's always good to have backup targets incase your first choice falls through. Also, if you admitted you only had one target then you'd look a bit unprofessional and it might make the club you are trying to buy from hike the price up because they know you're desperate for the guy they're selling. I wouldn't worry too much about saying things like that, standard football management clichés.

Sorry it's OK have tracked the tweets.. seems Man Utd fan who probably plays XBox FIFA with Darren Bent tweeted him as follows:-

qawra1987 Robert craig Bald

@DarrenBent shay given for you mr bent good signing for villa

qawra1987 Robert craig Bald

@Moose_talkSPORT looks like shay given off to villa moose.be confirmed soon

Darren Bent replied

@DarrenBent

@qawra1987 would be a great signing if we get him

I wasn't expecting Darren to be that into the club.. I know he's happy here, but he's behaving like a fan.

OT but I get the feel that he absolutely loves it here and he feels that he has found his spiritual home at last. We clearly rated him as the transfer record was smashed and he is the definite no. 9 and first name on the team sheet.

Add to that the fact that he doesn't have to live in the NE and he is really living the dream.

I can't see Dazza moving on as long as we can keep him well supplied and we don't do something stupid.

Excellent keeper but his history with injuries scares me. We havent got a decent No.2 who we would more than likely need at some stage in a season.

Exactamundo,

Dont want Guzan playing 20 odd premier league games next season

I wasn't expecting Darren to be that into the club.. I know he's happy here, but he's behaving like a fan.

OT but I get the feel that he absolutely loves it here and he feels that he has found his spiritual home at last. We clearly rated him as the transfer record was smashed and he is the definite no. 9 and first name on the team sheet.

Add to that the fact that he doesn't have to live in the NE and he is really living the dream.

I can't see Dazza moving on as long as we can keep him well supplied and we don't do something stupid.

When someone has done the rounds, they realise their where their bread is buttered! Bent loves it hear, no racism like up in NE, and we love him!

Tweets to all the fans - even running a competition at moment for them with a signed shirt up for grabs.

I just hope Given has a chat to Downing about life in the money bags shadow if you don't make an immediate impact. Sitting on the bench for most of the time, twiddling your thumbs. They should chat to Milner too who is runmoured to be not too happy with life up at the Etihad stadium!

Incidentally OT but watched Bent interview on OS. A bit of a cat out of the bag but he mentions if AM can bring in the signings(as plural) he's after.... then we should do well next season. Not sure he knows the names but he knows AM is after a few, which is good to hear!

It has crossed my mind that in light of Given's injuries in the past and THAT shoulder.... Villa may be having him looked at,

medically speaking VERY carefully, if you get my drift! Special scans etc. So this may explain the delays. Plus of course

Gary Cook is in US and is as we know is not adverse to making things difficult for us signing their players!