Gym Routine

olboydave

On 1/19/2016 at 10:31, Stevo985 said:

People in our office are doing a weight loss challenge thingamajig. I signed up because I figured I'm used to cutting and know that in 8 weeks I can probably cut 10 pounds without even trying that hard and they're all idiots who do things like drink a glass of cold water with honey before you go to bed because it increases your metabolism (no I'm not joking).

Anyway, I was alarmed when we weighed in last week on the super special "wellness" machine at work for our starting point and I was 236 pounds and 23% bodyfat! I haven't weighed myself over christmas so I was thinking "**** hell, I've gone too crazy on the bulk! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"

Checked again on Friday because I convinced myself it couldn't be right. I'd gone down to 232 pounds (in 4 days) and down to 22% bodyfat.
Weighed in again today and I'm down to 227 pounds and up to 24% body fat :crylaugh:So in a week I've apparently lost 9 pounds but put on 1% bodyfat :crylaugh:

Needless to say I think the machine is ****.

This week:

Gained a pound but lost 2% Bodyfat.

For some reason I don't trust that machine :D

For those numbers to make perfect sense I'd have had to have put on about 5.5 pounds of muscle in the past week, whilst simultaneously losing around 4.5 pounds of fat.

Which I would love to be true, but somehow I'm not convinced :)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Managed to squat 120kg for 1 today, very happy with this, that's 2.5kg up from last week. I'm riding the crest of a strength wave at the moment, last week I deadlifted 167.5kg for 1, again up like 2.5kg from the previous week and this week I feel quite confident of hitting 170kg based on how the lift felt last week.

Gonna hit a brick wall at some point but it's fun whilst it last, I've been eating a lot more food over the last month so I think that has something to do with it, my diet prior to that probably wasn't giving me enough protein and fat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Those machines are nowhere near accurate. The only true BF measurement is done by calipers imo

I know. That was my point ;) I thought they'd at least be consistent though even if it was wrong (so you could see progress). 

Even calipers are inaccurate. That water displacement thing is the proper way to do it. My calipers give you a better percentage if you squeeze a bit harder ;)

I can get down to about 4% Body fat with calipers by utilising the method Stevo just mentioned. Realistically though i'm about 12-13%

They aren't particularly accurate either. The most accurate way for every day people is to just look in the mirror I think. Nobody really needs to know their BF% to the exact percentage do they?

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The most accurate way for every day people is to just look in the mirror I think. Nobody really needs to know their BF% to the exact percentage do they?

This. It's all about how you want to look. The only reason I'm interested in % is to track progress.

I wouldn't care if I was 20% as long as I looked good :D

• Like 1

Think im going to start a lean bulk now gearing towards holiday season which starts in April for me.

Currently sitting at 15 stone leanish so wont cut drastically. Slow and steady lean bulk on about 3200 cals.

Really want to get back to being able to bench 130kg which i did last year but an injury and time off has seen me lose strength.

9 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Think im going to start a lean bulk now gearing towards holiday season which starts in April for me.

Currently sitting at 15 stone leanish so wont cut drastically. Slow and steady lean bulk on about 3200 cals.

Really want to get back to being able to bench 130kg which i did last year but an injury and time off has seen me lose strength.

You've confused me there.  Isn't 'cut' going in one direction and 'bulk' going in the other?  Which direction is a lean bulk going in?  Plus if you are cutting, doesn't that make benching 130 more difficult to get to? I'm confused :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JB said:

What in the hell is a lean bulk?! It's a complete misnomer. You're either in a calorie surplus or you're not.

Its a YouTube term for barely being in a surplus in order to maintain dat physique as best you can so you can sell people GymShark gear.

Grandad. :P

You've confused me there.  Isn't 'cut' going in one direction and 'bulk' going in the other?  Which direction is a lean bulk going in?  Plus if you are cutting, doesn't that make benching 130 more difficult to get to? I'm confused [emoji4]

Im not going to drop calories too much but not going to over eat either.

@JB a lean bulk is a clean diet to bulk rather than just hitting high calories from anything.

My strength goes up when im eating properly. Havnt dieted properly and cleanly for awhile

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â