Gym Routine

olboydave

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Just reading your workout there @Tayls.  How long do you spend in the gym?  Half an hour on the bike?  Phooq that.

30 mins on the bike? Where did you get 90mins from? :) 

my gym sessions last 1.5hrs, my home workout 2hrs. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I said 30, not 90 :) I guess I just don't like cardio anyway :D

I read you last post completely wrong - thought it said "hour and a half on a bike...".... Apologies! 

You must like cardio a bit - lifting is a great cardio workout! 

Edited by Tayls

5 hours ago, JB said:

Disagree with this. There's definitely a time and a place for straps but if the goal is increased grip strength, then using them isn't going to help develop it.

Timed plate-pinches are good, as is a training cycle using thick bars/fat grips (wrap something around the bar or DB handle if you don't have these). 

That's why I didn't suggest them earlier. Wasn't sure what Pangloss' goal was. Grip strength or just to lift more.

If it's the latter then straps all the way.

My work-outs only last about 45 minutes total. Depends on how long I wait between sets.

I thought I'd try some heavier weights at the end of my sets today, see how much strength I've actually lost. Quite pleased really.

Squats I did my 37.5kg x5 (x5), then loaded up 70kg and did 10 reps. Felt good.

Deadlift I did my 50x5 and then 90x5. Thought I'd try a little more and did 110x5. Felt good.

I'm not gonna jump up to the higher weights and do 5x5 though, still gonna build up slowly but it's good to throw in a higher set every once in a while :)

Woman with an amazing body doing her workouts in front of me this morning. I almost lost it when the was doing the pull-down bar with her legs together and ass sticking out.

Took all of my will to not gawk at her. The glance of it was enough.

That was uncomfortable.

11 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Anyone else had any unfortunate encounters at the gym?

Yesterday I ran into a guy from work. I was devastated, I felt like he had just walked into my living room without permission.

I know its a public place but still, **** him.

Haha. There's a guy I used to work with who I see in there most days. Really nice guy but he just won't shut the **** up and let me train. Talks for aaaaages. I feel bad for trying to avoid him but he really messes up my rest periods!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB said:

Haha. There's a guy I used to work with who I see in there most days. Really nice guy but he just won't shut the **** up and let me train. Talks for aaaaages. I feel bad for trying to avoid him but he really messes up my rest periods!

That's it for me as well. I quite like the guy but he comes with his mates and describes the gym as being "a bit lifeless" and "not a lot going on".

I wouldn't know because I have my headphones in, I train alone and get out. I'm not a social gym goer.

• Like 3

Haha yeah that sounds like the guys who just seem to live in my gym but never actually train! Just hang around the front desk or walk around talking  to people in the gym. Wearing skinny fit trackie bottoms, obviously. 

44 minutes ago, JB said:

Haha yeah that sounds like the guys who just seem to live in my gym but never actually train! Just hang around the front desk or walk around talking  to people in the gym. Wearing skinny fit trackie bottoms, obviously. 

I'm sure those people must exist in my gym, as do all the others we've described in here in the past, like the ones who want everyone to hear their music, or the German tourists who put towels on multiple machines, but I honestly have never encountered any of them in any gym I've been a member of (3).  I'm either very lucky or very unobservant.  Probably the latter given I'm a lone wolf with a steely focus :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

I read you last post completely wrong - thought it said "hour and a half on a bike...".... Apologies! 

You must like cardio a bit - lifting is a great cardio workout! 

I mean the typical cardio exercises.   Bike, treadmill, rowing machine, cross-trainer, stepper.  All that shite.  I only do 10 minutes on the treadmill at the very start to get the juices flowing, but it's the least favourite part of my workout and I'm glad when it's done.

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm sure those people must exist in my gym, as do all the others we've described in here in the past, like the ones who want everyone to hear their music, or the German tourists who put towels on multiple machines, but I honestly have never encountered any of them in any gym I've been a member of (3).  I'm either very lucky or very unobservant.  Probably the latter given I'm a lone wolf with a steely focus :D

I'm just an intolerant people-hater. 

My ex girlfriend's brother goes to my gym, so that's led to a couple of awkward conversations.

Only bad encounter I've had was at my old gym there was this stunning girl who worked out there. Weights and all, she was amazing.Obviously I didn't have the balls to talk to her, so I just daydreamed about her eventually talking to me.

Anyway, one day she was working out in front of me, and as I walked past to re-rack my weights I bashed into her arm as she was mid DB shoulder press and she was SO **** pissed off. I apologised profusely, and she didn't say anything, but the look she gave me was all I needed to know I had **** up that dream forever and ever :(

• Like 3

What a dick. It was an accident and you apologised. There never any need for that sort of rudeness. Unless it's one of those obnoxious **** who ask me how many more sets I've got left - WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF ACTUALLY DOING A **** SET! Those words removed get ignored. That shows them.

Feeling a bit antsy tonight as I have to miss my leg sesh...

• Like 1

Just now, JB said:

What a dick. It was an accident and you apologised. There never any need for that sort of rudeness. Unless it's one of those obnoxious **** who ask me how many more sets I've got left - WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF ACTUALLY DOING A **** SET! Those words removed get ignored. That shows them.

To be honest, I'd be really pissed off if someone knocked into me when I was doing a set. It's dangerous. So I don't blame her.

Yeah you're right about those people who talk to you during a set. Luckily I now have obnoxiously large headphones so I literally can't hear them, don't even have to pretend :D

True. I had some little shit actually bump into the end of bar when I was benching a while back. Sounds dramatic but it could've taken my head off if I hadn't managed to steady it as I was doing heavy triples!

On 15/1/2016 at 18:41, JB said:

True. I had some little shit actually bump into the end of bar when I was benching a while back. Sounds dramatic but it could've taken my head off if I hadn't managed to steady it as I was doing heavy triples!

People have come very close to doing that to me while they were talking and messing around at the bench beside mine.  To the point where I've paused my set because I copped them in my peripheral vision.   I'm always doing close or at my top weight on the bench so it would be touch and go whether I could re-steady someone bumping off the bar, and I don't have a spotter.  Genuinely dangerous if it came out of the blue.  As for bumping someone mid-set on other non-crashing-down-on-your-head type lifts.  Yes, very annoying and clumsy, but I'm sure I'd get over it happening to me as I'm not an utter spunktrumpet.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â