Gym Routine

olboydave

21 reps non stop?!

That's 100kg. I could probably squeeze out 3 reps on that at the moment :)

Yeah non stop, last one was a struggle, but still think I can go more. Funny thing is I hadn't been training specifically any different for it, just woke up this am, and was like ok, let's try to max, so pretty happy with it.

Dom, go for a 1rm and report back. I'm guessing 150kg.

That's what the strength coach wants me to do, so I will try by the end of school, he reckons putting 3 plates on, so that would be 315lbs.

Good work Dom.

Started my new routine now. It's only about 6 hours of training a week but the big change is nutrition.  I don't really eat that much crap but I do eat too many carbs.

Typical day

6.30am - 250ml of water

6.45am - 20 minutes of steady cardio

7.30am - Abs

7.45am - Breakfast - Protein shake with banana, mlik and peanut butter

10.30am - Mid morning meal - Protein bar and 350ml of water

12.00pm - Strength training - 30 to 40 mins

1.15pm - Lunch - Chicken/Steak/Turkey with veg and brown rice

3pm - mid afternoon meal - Protein shake with milk and 350ml of water

7pm - dinner - steak and veg or fish and veg.  Maybe some sweet potato as well

Edited by omariqy

That's quality mate. Fair play to you, that takes some dedication, but should shred you pretty quick!

Yeah hopefully.  The food is the hard work. So easy to come home and be like f it I am just going to put a Pizza in the oven.

Omariqy, just out of interest - why 20 minutes of steady cardio? As opposed to HIIT?

I do HIIT 3 times a week and steady cardio twice.  So today is just steady but tomorrow I am doing HIIT.  Steady can include a brisk walk.  Idea is to do it on an empty stomach to increase metabolism.

Seems a solid diet. How does that work out calorie wise?

Not sure mate.  I was using my fitness pal to calorie count but I won't bother with that diet because there is no crap in it just clean eating. Trying to focus on the macros instead.

Ahh right, fair enough. It looks good. Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers mate.  Will do. For the HIIT stuff I just do interval training but not really sure what else to do.  That Tabata looks really good but hard work.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â