The Anime & Manga Thread

GarethRDR

On 13/11/2022 at 12:36, Designer1 said:

There's not many Ghibli movies I don't care for (think I own about 90% of them) but there is definitely one that I would recommend everyone should see and that's Grave of the Fireflies.

It will destroy you emotionally, but still make sure you see it 😁

Probably an unpopular opinion, by I much preferred Spirited Away to Moving Castle. I feel like SA is my favourite Ghibli by some distance, although I do like Totoro. Grave of the Fireflies was great, but I don't think I can ever watch it again, it was devastating.

• 1 month later...

Play version of my neighbour Totoro is coming back to the Barbican in November 

I can’t recommend it enough, will be going back to see it again with my daughter 

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Just watched Dragonball Super hero thoroughly enjoyed it nice to see limelight on other characters for a change. 

Spoiler

It was good but some things for me

The good

Story focused around gohan and piccolo not goku and vegeta was good

The bad

I was excited to hear cell was in it but it was lame that it wasnt based on the cell we know and he didnt talk at all. That was disappointing 

I thought was weakest of the 4 super movies

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

It was good but some things for me

The good

Story focused around gohan and piccolo not goku and vegeta was good

The bad

I was excited to hear cell was in it but it was lame that it wasnt based on the cell we know and he didnt talk at all. That was disappointing 

I thought was weakest of the 4 super movies

Maybe I enjoyed it more because I had my daughters watching with me who are massive fans of the modern ark. For me I’d put it second to Super Broly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That looks awesome. The anime style looks superb.

French anime that will be  a first for me.

Just chatted with a friend about it, he's pointed me at this.

Very French looking in parts.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Xann said:

Just chatted with a friend about it, he's pointed me at this.

Very French looking in parts.

Only watched the first 3-4 eps and it didn't grab me despite being visually great. Might come back to it as it's been getting good reviews.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

That is a staggeringly faithful manga adaptation. 

I actually don't love Uzumaki, as iconic as it is in Ito's canon of work, but it'll happily give this a go based on the trailer. 

Bit of an odd one, some of One Piece is on BBC iPlayer now. They've broken the episode lists down in to arcs handily enough,; East Blue, Alabasta, and Sky Island. That's it, for now at least, 206 episodes which isn't even a quarter of the aired episodes to date. In fact, the most recent episode now available on iPlayer is 20 years old. 

I had a phase of trying various long running anime series including One Piece and I enjoyed it I guess, but the idea of working through everything to get up to date is...exhausting. 

I wonder if the rights were cheaper at the moment, what with the remake series due out next year?

Edited by hogso

• 2 weeks later...

Off to a screening of Macross Plus at a not-quite-so-local Vue tonight. I profess my general ignorance as I've not watched any of the rest of the franchise at all other than Plus, which I gave a pop off the back of my general love of Watanabe. Should be good!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â