What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Rondellus, sabbatum. Come across this album a few years ago. Medieval band who sing in latin and play weird music. Anyway they done a black sabbath tribute album. Very atmospheric and it works to be fair. Hearing this type of music played in a different way gives it a whole new meaning. Probaly not for most people but definately for me

4789822067.jpg

“1957 institutional issue” lp (literally, pressed by a french “sleep institute” and given out to hospitals - mental & otherwise - to aid in their patients’ acquisition of sleep) featuring two “takes” of a piece composed & performed by jean-jacques perrey, consisting of lulling ondioline (george jenny’s 1941 vacuum-tube based, spring-loaded electronic instrument) figures ..."

I'm listening to the Creel Pone facsimile, which didn't reproduce the actual record sleeve, I think it's rare to find. Designed to help people sleep I guess, a bit like Raymond Scott's soothing sounds for Baby Records.

Sample here

Edited by useless

d3de16f7-47ea-47ed-93f5-30af54960055_g_2

Karel Appel Musique Barbare, the entire Album is on YT.

Once again I have to make do with the Creel Pone.

Documentary about Karel on Vimeo here.

ED: I said make do the Creel Pones are really well done. The Documentary is in French.

Edited by useless

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â