What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

^^^^

One of my all time top five albums. 

Anyone upgrading their favourites to Blue-ray?

????????????????

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/07/universals_high_fidelity_pure_audio_format/

Oh hell, no. 

Funnily enough I just today bought one of these: 

teac.jpg

Mainly to use with my old turntable, but all the other stuff comes in handy. 

^^^^

One of my all time top five albums. 

Anyone upgrading their favourites to Blue-ray?

????????????????

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/07/universals_high_fidelity_pure_audio_format/

Oh hell, no. 

Funnily enough I just today bought one of these: 

teac.jpg

Mainly to use with my old turntable, but all the other stuff comes in handy. 

NICE!

Anyone upgrading their favourites to Blu-ray?

DVDA didn't take off when the players were in most homes. I'm not sure why they think this will be any different.

Dear old unfashionable CD outperforms the equipment most of those albums were mastered with.

Despite what that article says SACD does have an audience.

You can hear why....

2vu0ld5.jpg

This was recorded with surround sound in mind with modern condenser microphones. It's as if the choir are arranged around the listener.

Velvet Underground and Nico (and most of the others) certainly wasn't recorded like that. Moving into surround, the best you could hope for would be an elegant hatchet job.

The Beck release looks like the doozy, fast sample rate and maybe more surround orientated during recording.

Trouble is, we've seen with MP3 that for the majority ease > sound quality.

It'll need to sound really really good.

Basil Kirchin

I have 'Quantum'. 

Do you like Desmond Leslie's 'Music Of The Future'?

I do actually although I haven't listened to it in an age, I've only got that one on cd though, which would be fine but my cd player broke. You probably know this already but if your on the Trunk mailing list you get offered releases at a really good price before they are available at stores.

I like Quantum also, I'm surprised no one has released the Words within worlds LPs, maybe it's because it's harder to get the permission with the originals being on major labels.

Edited by useless

Almost time for the usual 'Albums of the Year' thread.

There's been an embarrassment of riches this year, so it'll be hard to narrow it down even to a top ten.

Yeah, it's been a pretty good year. I think there's about 4 or 5 absolute gems and easily another 15 or so really really good ones, from my perspective, at least

You probably know this already but if your on the Trunk mailing list you get offered releases at a really good price before they are available at stores.

Yeah, the 50p Friday thing he does is quite cool too - but I don't do download.

I'm a bit more choosy now with Trunk, bought the Orff and before that 'Seasons', which is still sealed.

I still think the 'Super Sounds Of Bosworth' is my favourite.

... maybe it's because it's harder to get the permission with the originals being on major labels.

That's possible. I know a few labels have had problems with the big players. One was griping that they'd gone to the Majors with a title they had in mind. All denied ownership. When the comp had actually been manufactured and hit the streets Universal threw their toys out the pram.

OiseauxFront.jpg

Jean C Roche Oiseaux du Vénézuéla.

The Venezuala on mine is in red.

I got this because I'm fond of a lot of stuff with bird recordings and reading how it was mean't to resemble a Parmegiani record, on Waxidermy.

Edited by useless

Waxidermy.

Not being vinylcentric, I don't post on there. I do trade comps with some of the contributors though.

Got some amazing bits from them: field recordings, Xtian, Minimal - right out there some of it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â