What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

32 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Lots of Sun Ra and other cool stuff on that label 👍👍

Looked at in isolation they're an amazing label, a little gripe is they've reissued stuff others had already. 

Heh -  It's both a waste of time and a strange way to run a business. Release something there's demand for.

Due to the box set effect I've got two copies of 'Astro Sounds' by 101 Strings on CD.

What are the extra tracks on the new Modern Harmonic version?  None.

It's not even like they're Mobile Fidelity or 4 Men With Beards who are supposedly selling a superior version.

Veering away from the Country and the Western… 

There are people who will tell you that Neil Diamond is an exceptional talent (I’m not disagreeing with that) but he’s not showing it here :D 

Yes this is a picture disc

image.png

The Penkiln Burn Players

Voices from the Galloverse

image.png

Some traditional choral group from Galloway

What??? Why do I have this?

Well they’re cover versions of Eric’s period Liverpool bands like the Bunnymen, Teardrops, Wild Swans et al. Pictures On My Wall, Revolutionary Spirit, Poppies in the Field, Zombo….

Then I’ll tell you the “Producer at Large” is Bill Drummond.

Then there the usual Bill Drummond tricks of only sell it to people you know, no putting it on the inter webs etc (already on Discogs :D ). E free my limited, best customers only :crylaugh: 

I will say this though, it is brilliant!

EDIT: If you can imagine a choir of Ivor Cutler's (male and female) then that is where this is at

3 hours ago, bickster said:

If you can imagine a choir of Ivor Cutler's (male and female) then that is where this is at

🙄 The mind boggles. 

The Bug Club, The Intricate Inner Workings Of The System By Means Of Popular Music.

Joyful pop punk kind of sort of similar vibe to early Lovely Eggs, but from Caldicot.

A fancy embossed cover, lyric sheet, spangly coloured vinyl, some free stickers and a gig ticket for £22

Absolute mystery how people with more contacts that will shift exponentially more units need to be so expensive.

spacer.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The Bug Club, The Intricate Inner Workings Of The System By Means Of Popular Music.

Joyful pop punk kind of sort of similar vibe to early Lovely Eggs, but from Caldicot.

A fancy embossed cover, lyric sheet, spangly coloured vinyl, some free stickers and a gig ticket for £22

Absolute mystery how people with more contacts that will shift exponentially more units need to be so expensive.

spacer.png

And given the amount of sessions they’ve had on the radio, you have to imagine that they already have the basis for the next album too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

And given the amount of sessions they’ve had on the radio, you have to imagine that they already have the basis for the next album too.

This is their 5th album in 4 years, and last year’s was a double album!

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

This is their 5th album in 4 years, and last year’s was a double album!

Yep, highly productive not only that, always seem to be gigging too. Proper Mark E Smith work ethic

• Like 1

They are playing at Rough Trade in Liverpool this week. Plus album signing.

If it was anywhere else I’d have been tempted at £14

But RT can feck off 

I'll wait until next time

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â