What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 21/08/2024 at 08:08, bickster said:

Posted the other week but this album… you know it’s good when it finishes you just go back to the start again.

IMG_2022.jpeg

This was a lot more Radiohead-y than I originally anticipated. Great recommendation! Currently on the 4th track and enjoying this a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

This was a lot more Radiohead-y than I originally anticipated

Glad I’m not finally alone in thinking that, I get blank looks when I say that.

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Glad I’m not finally alone in thinking that, I get blank looks when I say that.

The singer's vocal delivery is absolutely comparable to Thom Yorke's. Also there's definitely some 90s era Radiohead in the song compositions imo.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

The singer's vocal delivery is absolutely comparable to Thom Yorke's.

Who? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Also new Nick Cave next week. What a time to be alive

no doubt for a ludicrous amount of money. As much as I love Cave, I have enough of his work to last me a lifetime and the pricepoint his albums get released at is offputting these days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bickster said:

no doubt for a ludicrous amount of money. As much as I love Cave, I have enough of his work to last me a lifetime and the pricepoint his albums get released at is offputting these days.

Ah as someone who hasn't physically bought an album in a long long long time I can't really comment on that.  How much are they these days?

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, PieFacE said:

Ah as someone who hasn't physically bought an album in  long long long time I can't really comment on that.  How much are they these days?

All depends but Cave's albums tend to be at the £30 level on release. I can still buy new release albums for £20-22, sometimes even cheaper

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

All depends but Cave's albums tend to be at the £30 level on release. I can still buy new release albums for £20-22, sometimes even cheaper

It's kinda hard to justify supporting the artist through buying their albums when they cost that much. In my mind albums should be about £10 at release which probably goes to show how long it's been since I last bought one. 

As much as I hate what Spotify has done to the industry, it is highly convenient. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

FontainesDC_Romance_4000x40002.jpg

Fontaines DC - Romance is out today. Very good on first impressions.

4XLP_3CD__DA_Mark_Lanegan_BubblegumXX_CO

Also Bubblegum XX from Mark Lanegan is out today too. The production on this sounds much better than the original. But it does take away a bit of the charm of that album imo.

Also new Nick Cave next week. What a time to be alive :D 

just about to post the very same albums! 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â