What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

IMG-0396.jpg

Seeing them Friday at a brand new small outdoor venue in Sacramento. I think this may be the second show for the place so have no idea what to expect. 🤞It’s all general admission, at least for this show. I know for certain it will be blazing hot, over 100

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

19 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

That is from 2012. How is it pre-Zuma? 

Shit, sorry. I meant to say 'pre- Psychedelic Pill', but the fact that they played 'Cortez' caused a bit of a brainfart. 

Anyway, it's great. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Shit, sorry. I meant to say 'pre- Psychedelic Pill', but the fact that they played 'Cortez' caused a bit of a brainfart. 

Anyway, it's great. 

It is indeed great 👍👍

Enslaved - Ruun

Easily one of metal's most consistent and ever-evolving bands. This one is from their 00s era which was a very strong run of excellent releases. Will probably go on a full discog run again soon.

spacer.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

Look, I’m a gonna call this 10” an album. It plays on 33.

The Flamingods, Hyperborea.

Just a whirling thirteen minutes of joy, limited to 250 numbered copies back in 2017. With something close to motorik drumming behind the swirling guitar, so a real bonus. But I’ve currently got a couple of them, they have a die cut and numbered sleeve and no inner sleeve so subsequently they are covered in paper off cut and dust. So the deal is, I play them, keep the best one, return the other to the shop if it’s saleable quality, or I bin it.

Two played, both fine after a quick wipe. 

I mean, personally, I’d expect to get a record home and clean it. 

• Like 1

Picked this up at a charity shop a week or so back and only just got round to listening to 2 duets with Anita Carter on it, both great. The vinyl is fairly chunky and although the sleeve isnt the best, the record is in excellent condition. 

IMG-0986.jpg

• Like 1

The Triffids - Calenture. The supposed “sell out” album as it was their first on a major (Island) but was it really? Nah. They were back with Gil Norton as producer (Born Sandy Devotional) but they just had major label finances & time. It’s a big wide CinemaScope sound very much of the mid 80s but also a standout album recorded at 6 different studios including Amazon in Liverpool (Kirkby). If you like the idea that Nick Cave meets the Waterboys then this masterpiece is for you  nowplaying

IMG_1984.jpeg

IMG_1985.jpeg

• Like 1

Following on from the Island box set a few weeks ago, we move on to the Vertigo label. Rather heavier, on average. 

Screenshot_2024-08-11-16-23-20-03_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How many live albums do this lot have? It’s a can of worms surely . 

Good question. Both Dave’s Picks and Dick’s Picks are series of live releases. Dick’s Picks was the original series and there were 36 volumes released before Dick Latvala died. Dave’s Picks is on a regular yearly schedule of 4 releases per year via subscription. Over past decade or so they also release a yearly live box set of some specific focus. There were 8 official live albums released by the band while the Grateful Dead existed (ended upon Jerry Garcia’s death)

TL;DR  a lot

• Like 1

spacer.png

Had this in my Discogs basket for anout four years. I just won't pay the extortionate shipping costs.

It seems the wife will though!

And I even censored the cover for VT's faint of heart.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â