What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Posted (edited)

New Soft Play album today.

Have given it 1 listen so far which is no where near enough. The problem with it is, I feel like i've already listened to half the album a lot already. It was a weird choice of them to release 4 singles from the album before the album even released. Especially given the fact that the album is only 29m long. With the first single (Punk is Dead) coming out what....a year ago? 

All in all it seems good on first listen, very heavy. The standout track for me so far is "Everything and Nothing" but need to give it far more time. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I've been in a bit of a CD mode this weekend and this morning's first choice is…

One of those strange CDs that people will actually pay money for according to Discogs

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone remember Hotdog magazine? Me neither 

Anyway, I must have bought at least one issue

Its really not a bad Sunday morning compilation.

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0141.jpeg

• Like 1

The CDing continues

The Warlocks - Phoenix from 2003 when Garage Psych wasn't quite as fashionable as it is today. Not groundbreaking by any means but certainly helped influence the revival massively.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Been on heavy rotation since release.

Belter 🥰

I enjoyed these so much at Bearded Theory, there is talk about going to see them on their next tour, particularly as Panic Shack are the support.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Been on heavy rotation since release.

Belter 🥰

I love the bit of dialogue in The Mushroom and The Swan. Hilarious. 

Laura J Martin - Prepared

criminally underlooked album released a couple of months ago

So ignored it’s still not even on Discogs

Flute, Mandolin, Electronics, it’s folky, poppy and a lovely listen partly inspired by the 86 bus route in Liverpool

By day she actually makes flutes

image.png

Wand - Vertigo

First album for 5 years (I think)

Love this band, this is the third record of theirs I own and there’s no unifying sound between them but the singer sounds a bit like a Thom Yorke (Who?) It’s very much Alt Rock but they really should get more attention. I get Radiohead vibes but others always look at me blank when I say it. Not as complicated as Radiohead but still in that vein.

Theres another thing that’s great about this, there is only one vinyl version and one CD. That’s it, no coloured vinyl no special editions nothing, here’s the album, on black wax, get on with listening to it.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

My other purchase yesterday, more speculative but recommended by Bob

Earth Tongue - Great Haunting

On In The Red Records so that should give you an indication of the territory it’s in. It’s at the heavier end of the Ty Segall canon (he’s not involved). It self describes as a demonic deep dive into occult psychedelic rock. Earth Tongue are a two piece from New Zealand 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bickster said:

On In The Red Records so that should give you an indication of the territory it’s in. It’s at the heavier end of the Ty Segall canon (he’s not involved). It self describes as a demonic deep dive into occult psychedelic rock. Earth Tongue are a two piece from New Zealand 

image.jpeg

They supported Ty Segal the other week and were great! 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

They supported Ty Segal the other week and were great! 

Cool, I'd never heard of them but the similarities to his heavier material are quite clear.

I'm liking it a lot.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2024 at 08:49, bickster said:

image.jpeg

This is great @bickster - good recommendation.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â