What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Frank_Turner_-_Undefeated.png

Frank Turner is ace 

Saw him open for Jason Isbell in 2017. Really liked him but never followed up on him. Recommendations please? 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Saw him open for Jason Isbell in 2017. Really liked him but never followed up on him. Recommendations please? 

All of it...

I'd certainly recommend England Keep My Bones, Love Ire and Song, and Tape Deck Heart as good starting albums. If you prefer the folkier stuff then go backwards from there, as the newer ones are heavier by comparison.

Positive songs for Negative People is also excellent, as is the last album FTHC.

He's very underrated. Some of it is a bit drab, but it's definitely worth going through the average-poor to hear the gems. He's an excellent song-writer, and appears to be a genuinely good guy - he performed multiple livestreams during covid to raise money for all his crew when they had to cancel their tour and once cancelled a show because they stiffed his band and they wouldn't earn enough to break even.

He's also fantastic live. I've seen him 3 times - once was supporting Blink182 and he absolutely upstaged them (although they were DeLonge-less at the time, so they were not themselves).

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

All of it...

I'd certainly recommend England Keep My Bones, Love Ire and Song, and Tape Deck Heart as good starting albums. If you prefer the folkier stuff then go backwards from there, as the newer ones are heavier by comparison.

Positive songs for Negative People is also excellent, as is the last album FTHC.

He's very underrated. Some of it is a bit drab, but it's definitely worth going through the average-poor to hear the gems. He's an excellent song-writer, and appears to be a genuinely good guy - he performed multiple livestreams during covid to raise money for all his crew when they had to cancel their tour and once cancelled a show because they stiffed his band and they wouldn't earn enough to break even.

He's also fantastic live. I've seen him 3 times - once was supporting Blink182 and he absolutely upstaged them (although they were DeLonge-less at the time, so they were not themselves).

Very good info, thanks 🍻

Funny you said that- when we saw him I definitely got the impression that he is a genuinely good guy 

I have no problem believing that literally anyone upstaged Blink 182 🤣

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

Simian Mobile Disco - Murmurations

Ignore who it is, this is a beautiful double album downtempo and features the Deep Throat Choir

I Just looked at this on Discogs, if anyone is interested there are loads of really good copies for about £6 (£10 inc postage)

image.jpeg

Anyway… when is a soundtrack not actually a soundtrack but a Best of compiled by Stewart Lee to coincide with the film that he directed about The Nightingales. It's top notch anyway

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Ah bit of a Tom Verlaine coincidence.

The Room - In Evil Hour. A masterpiece from the 80s yet to be discovered by many

Always a bit odd playing your mates records but they weren’t mates when they made this but I was most definitely a fan

I am in eager anticipation of the next album, which is in the can and is a bit of a concept album.

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Todd fun fact: his son Rex had a lengthy minor league ⚾️ career in the early 2000s but alas never made it to the big leagues

IMG-0146.jpg

IMG-0145.jpg

9 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Todd fun fact: his son Rex had a lengthy minor league ⚾️ career in the early 2000s but alas never made it to the big leagues

IMG-0146.jpg

IMG-0145.jpg

Then there is Tim McGraw and his father Tug who played major league baseball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Then there is Tim McGraw and his father Tug who played major league baseball. 

Musically Todd absolutely destroys Tim, but Tug even more emphatically crushes Rex at ⚾️, so I’m gonna have to call it a wash 

29 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Musically Todd absolutely destroys Tim, but Tug even more emphatically crushes Rex at ⚾️, so I’m gonna have to call it a wash 

I would disagree with the former and do not have the foggiest about the latter. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â