What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Hello darlin’.

Loves me some Conway 👍👍

It’s a decent album, I do also genuinely like me some Conway Twitty.

The timing of the purchase means it’s been a bit pushed out by some fantastic Danish stoner rock schizz, but it’ll have its day.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

It’s a decent album, I do also genuinely like me some Conway Twitty.

The timing of the purchase means it’s been a bit pushed out by some fantastic Danish stoner rock schizz, but it’ll have its day.

👍👍 off top of my head I know nothing of that album but love his classic works 

• Like 1

When I first became aware of Conway Twitty, I was highly impressed that someone with such an silly and embarrassing name chose to stick with it, and not to be tempted to change it to something cooler. 

Then I found out that he was actually called Harold Jenkins, and he chose the name Conway Twitty.   😮 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I first became aware of Conway Twitty, I was highly impressed that someone with such an silly and embarrassing name chose to stick with it, and not to be tempted to change it to something cooler. 

Then I found out that he was actually called Harold Jenkins, and he chose the name Conway Twitty.   😮 

He was just playing the long game so that he could build this 

IMG-0081.jpg

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's a progressive (as opposed to 'prog') rock day. King Crimson are a glaring omission for some strange reason. 

Screenshot_2024-07-04-13-57-12-50_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-04-13-57-17-70_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

I have the one that anthologises the next set of years (light blue) it’s very good.

• Like 1

Anyway t'other week, I'm in t'pub pre-gig with @blandy and were chatting with some of my mates inc the Probe crew about House of All. I asked Bob to get me a copy of the second album that I missed. Call in today for Pepe Deluxe as it happens forgetting about HoA. Really pleased he remembered because I didn’t but not only did he get me the album, he got me this…

I mean autographs aren’t really my thing but that is four autographs of ex-Fall members so it was a nice touch by Bob to get it me and I suspect it’s his way of saying thanks for taken him to the HoA gig at short notice, the night he discovered his partner's cancer was terminal last year

Anyway, the albums on now before I go to get some Kip for a few hours

IMG_0138.jpeg

• Like 3

Â