What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

52 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I usually don't 😉

A lot of this is new to me, I suppose early Monster Magnet, I do like King Crimson and Van der Graaf but it's not really the same stuff. 

You've never given the impression that you're much of a fan :) 

A considerable quantity of the German Kosmische gear sits betwixt Tangerine Dream and the guitar stuff you favour.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1

Phaedra is the only TG album I’ve got. I’m not averse to getting more they just don’t get on the top 10 wants list.

What’s the most minimal I would go? I’d say pretty minimal. I’ll fairly regularly listen to that 45 minute stretch Donna Summer thing on youtube. Does that count as minimal?

Oh, and I was in Mr Tee’s in Kidderminster today and they had a fair bit of Tangerine Dream and also Amon Duul II. But his pricing policy and labelling policy was a bit ridiculous. Basically, get any old tat with a ripped and stained sleeve held together with tape and a shite scrumpled up inner sleeve with biro scribble on it and marks and mildew all over the vinyl, give it a category of ‘really nice’ and write £55 on it. It was very possibly the most disappointing record shop I’ve ever been in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

What’s the most minimal I would go? I’d say pretty minimal. I’ll fairly regularly listen to that 45 minute stretch Donna Summer thing on youtube. Does that count as minimal?

Yeah, that's a goer.

'9 Beet Stretch' is still up. Fell asleep in the bath to that for a few hours recently. Still find it deeply amazing.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 16:24, bickster said:

This is great. Sarabeth Tucek's new album Joan of All. 

195773-sbt-sarabeth-tucek-joan-of-all.jp

Apologies for quoting myself but I'm finding I'm playing this quite a bit. I do think it is going to be up a few of your collective streets

This is the single from the album that was released earlier in the year…

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Not sure why this one fetches the huge amounts it does, but I'm not complaining.

Wasn't a big run, it was towards the end of the first vinyl era. Lots of the 91-95 vinyl releases are worth a shit load because of just that. CDs had taken over but vinyl was still being pressed on ever smaller runs.

The Fall's Infotainment Scan album from 93 is similarly priced. Early 90s first pressings for stuff that still has a market, is always highly priced.

Another factor in that is that a lot of the people that bought vinyl then were the diehards and they have sold their collections far less than the casual buyers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Wasn't a big run, it was towards the end of the first vinyl era. Lots of the 91-95 vinyl releases are worth a shit load because of just that. CDs had taken over but vinyl was still being pressed on ever smaller runs.

The Fall's Infotainment Scam album from 93 is similarly priced. Early 90s first pressings for stuff that still has a market, is always highly priced.

Another factor in that is that a lot of the people that bought vinyl then were the diehards and they have sold their collections far less than the casual buyers

But, a compilation fetching over £100. Crazy.

Still, all I've had to shell out so far is for another 100  vinyl outer sleeves and 200 poly-lined inners  :)

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

But, a compilation fetching over £100. Crazy.

Here's another one from a less globally known and more disposable pop act - Erasure. Released in 1992. Stuff like Prince's Greatest Hits album (would be at least a triple even back then, more now) was never and still hasn't been released on vinyl. Some compilations fetch money, I have some reggae ones both single artist and even various artists ones that always shock me and they aren't even from that golden period value wise

Erasure-Pop-The-First-20-Hits

Last Sold:    15 May 2023
Lowest:    £40.00
Median:    £66.91
Highest:    £120.00

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here's another one from a less globally known and more disposable pop act - Erasure. Released in 1992. Stuff like Prince's Greatest Hits album (would be at least a triple even back then, more now) was never and still hasn't been released on vinyl. Some compilations fetch money, I have some reggae ones both single artist and even various artists ones that always shock me and they aren't even from that golden period value wise

Erasure-Pop-The-First-20-Hits

It's great if you already got 'em!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Have noels new album a listen driving to work this morning, it's just a bit wet and pointless, him and Liam are both at low points

And this is the worst thing you'll hear today

As I saw someone on the twitty thing say…. I never thought I'd hanker after the Paul Young version but….

And for the sake of anyone without an once of sense, the Paul Young version of LWTUA is one of the worst cover versions ever made, until…

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Have noels new album a listen driving to work this morning, it's just a bit wet and pointless, him and Liam are both at low points

And this is the worst thing you'll hear today

Time for the reunion 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â