What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

First time I've heard this, impressed.

Alice carried on in this vein pretty much all his career.

Concept albums I meant @Designer1 you olde ryde

57 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The shocked reaction was for you not hearing it before. Its one of his best known albums.

Ah I see.

Its difficult to own everyone's full catalogue though, I've got a few Alice lps, Muscle of Love, Constrictor, Killer, Love It To Death, and Billion Dollar Babies, but not this one til now. 

And I'm running out of space 😂

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Ah I see.

Its difficult to own everyone's full catalogue though, I've got a few Alice lps, Muscle of Love, Constrictor, Killer, Love It To Death, and Billion Dollar Babies, but not this one til now. 

And I'm running out of space 😂

You could alway you know, sell all that duplicate stuff you have in the B section :P 

Early Alice Cooper is criminally underrated in the sense that it was as good as anything released around that time . Musically it’s superb and blows a lot of the bigger well known bands out of the water 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You could alway you know, sell all that duplicate stuff you have in the B section :P 

Ah but they're not duplicates really. 

Different countries, reissues, label variations, misprints, mispresses etc etc 😉

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ah but they're not duplicates really. 

Different countries, reissues, label variations, misprints, mispresses etc etc 😉

Same music :D 

I'll play the one with the ABBA label it sounds better said no one sane ever :P 

Anyone need an insert for Ry Cooder's "Jazz" LP?

I have the insert but no album 🤣

Also, attempting to listen to Tangerine dream, got this six album boxset of all their early stuff.

Boring as **** so far, hope it improves or my brother in law will get it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Also, attempting to listen to Tangerine dream, got this six album boxset of all their early stuff.

Boring as **** so far, hope it improves or my brother in law will get it.

Tangerine Dream. Is it from the 70s? Does it include Phaedra?

Which 6 album box set is it?

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tangerine Dream. Is it from the 70s? Does it include Phaedra?

Which 6 album box set is it?

It’s called “In The Beginning”, contains

Electronic Meditation

Zeit

Alpha Centauri

Atem

Green Desert.

Ive got Phaedra as well, is that one any good?

@rjw63 You might want to check the price of that on Discogs, Thats the first four albums plus Green Desert which had never been released before that Box Set, the median price is being dragged down by a couple of outliers, if thats in good nick and they are all there with the booklet, thats gotta be worth about £50 and if you ignore the outliers the trend on price is actually climbing.

Phaedra is the album that came after those first 4 and was their first for Virgin, it was something of an accident, they were pissing about with a Moog synth they'd just got and had the tape running, they liked it and just added stuff to it, it kinda shaped their output for years after that

Thats the stuff of theirs I like the most tbh but I also think they are one of the least interesting of the bands from the Kosmiche scene. The best Album Edgar Froese was on was William Shatner's Learn To Fly :D 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

What's the most minimal and/or abstract you go?

I usually don't 😉

A lot of this is new to me, I suppose early Monster Magnet, I do like King Crimson and Van der Graaf but it's not really the same stuff. 

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

@rjw63 You might want to check the price of that on Discogs, Thats the first four albums plus Green Desert which had never been released before that Box Set, the median price is being dragged down by a couple of outliers, if thats in good nick and they are all there with the booklet, thats gotta be worth about £50 and if you ignore the outliers the trend on price is actually climbing.

Yeah I did check. 

This is the UK version on Jive Electronic label, this was the first release on the label according to the accompanying booklet. 

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah I did check. 

This is the UK version on Jive Electronic label, this was the first release on the label according to the accompanying booklet. 

Yep, I figured it was that and not the US release. There's not much difference in the value between US and UK versions anyway

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â