What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Having a lovely afternoon listening to this (not vinyl though sorry I'm at work and it's 2023!)

th?id=OIP.DlugSj_krmXhwiPuhU09ewHaHa%26p

Not vinyl? 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Missus is away in that there London, I'm home alone, can't be arsed working, I have beers, snacks and tunes. I'm settled in for the night. Still mainly on the CDs though

FIrst up

David Axelrod's classic debut album Songs of Innocence. IIRC @Xann recommended this after I bought it's sequel. It was a good move

It tells you on the cover why you'd want to listen to this, then you can play who sampled this. Cypress Hill sampled one of the tunes here in three different songs! Eminem, Unkle, Sooo many hip hop artists, it has been well and truly plundered....

NjMtNzU1My5qcGVn.jpeg

... as has the follow up Songs of Experience (I'm looking at you Baxter Dury!) which I've decided is going on next...

OTctNzU2Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Makes a mental note to acquire more Axe

• Like 2

Lavelle got Axelrod in to do an album on Mo Wax, like 3 decades after the glory years.

Even that one's got tracks to like, and it's peanuts money.

• Thanks 1

I am on a pub car park in Tebay in my meth wagon, on root to Scotchland. No telly so it’s music all night. Currently it’s this. 
IMG-1573.jpg

We are seeing him in a few weeks and my wife knows 5 songs  

• Like 1

After those two I've continued down a Carol Kaye rabbit hole, here with fellow members of the Wrecking Crew in a little side project of theirs The Zodiac put together by legendary Elektra Records label boss Jac Holzman. It's very much of it's time, experimental psychedelic rock and it's a concept album about the zodiac (12 songs each one named after a sign of the Zodiac). Also of note because its one of the first albums to feature a Moog synthesizer (along with the Monkees and the Doors in the same year - 1967)

Trippy and weird, just the way I like it, the vocals are spoken word and as it says on the rear sleeve, best played in the dark

MS0xNTI1LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xann said:
30 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is the guy that made that album for plants, Mort Garson, and...

Hadn't actually made that connection, danke!

EDIT: Sorry, yes you were talking about Cyrus Faryar, yes now you mention it is f***ing obvious. He records nothing of any note and nothing I can see since 1973 then pops up on a Pepe Deluxe album in 2021 :D 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Didn’t know Boris could play piano, a man of many (few) talents.

Sokolov is fearsome. I'd love to see him whilst he still has his powers. We've nearly gone twice, but Covid and stuff.

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

... the Wrecking Crew...

On this trip, the album a lot of y'all should give a go, is...

ufo-cover-733643270.jpg.90599cc4122936c0247abf2b1b5384d1.jpg

Jim Sullivan's 'U.F.O.'

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â