What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

The Dub session continues... I used to love these Trojan CD box sets, I've got a fair few of them

50 Tracks over 3 Cds

Trojan Dub Box Set Volume 2 (I have Vol 1 too)

LTc1NDIuanBlZw.jpeg

• Like 1

Dub sesh ended and the missus has requested some music to prepare food by AKA something "radio friendly" that she'll know and won't annoy her.

12"/80s/2 it is then - 12" single mixes from the 80s (again I have vol 1 too)

It has all the hits :D Associates, Pigbag, LLoyd Cole, Simple Minds

LTk4MzYuanBlZw.jpeg

@Xann

@bickster

Do you know anything about Tombstone Valentine or Mazinga Phaser? 

Got two coloured vinyl here by them (one each) in what seem to be promo card sleeves with photocopied band bios on the front. 

And Mazinga Phaser were a late Texans Texan Space Rock outfit  which leads me to think the same era and style for Tombstone Valentine but that begs the question of the coloured vinyl, which doesn't appear to exist

54 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Do you know anything about Tombstone Valentine or Mazinga Phaser? 

This is about Aether Records' Neo Psych stuff, I know nowt Mate, sorry.

Off on the wrong path. Wigwam's 'Tombstone Valentine' is on Love Records.

There's lots there you might like, and there's been represses on Svart.

Then obviously you will be wanting the T-Shirt.

th-2175323312.jpg.4897cbbdcc9136303aaf3404a370bf91.jpg

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Xann said:

This is about Aether Records' Neo Psych stuff, I know nowt Mate, sorry.

yeah that was it, no worries

1 hour ago, bickster said:

And Mazinga Phaser were a late Texans Texan Space Rock outfit  which leads me to think the same era and style for Tombstone Valentine but that begs the question of the coloured vinyl, which doesn't appear to exist

Yeah that's the duo on the same label, found the TV purple vinyl but in a proper sleeve, no sighting of the green vinyl Mazinger Phaser though, might have to hang onto it in case it gets rare 🤣

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah that's the duo on the same label, found the TV purple vinyl but in a proper sleeve, no sighting of the green vinyl Mazinger Phaser though, might have to hang onto it in case it gets rare 🤣

Stick it in Discogs with photos and just sit back and watch the bunfight as their three fans claim its fake :D 

(Been there, got the T-shirt)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

There are people out there that insist that the green label RCA pressings are the best out there, better than the orange label first pressings and better than the 40th Anniversary remaster. There is also supposedly a quote from Bowie saying it was his favourite too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

There are people out there that insist that the green label RCA pressings are the best out there, better than the orange label first pressings and better than the 40th Anniversary remaster. There is also supposedly a quote from Bowie saying it was his favourite too.

Sounds decent so far

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â