What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

There were definitely some ropey re-presses of it in the 80s

Must have been the space-time-continuum in your time machine, this didn't come out til 1990.

26 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Must have been the space-time-continuum in your time machine, this didn't come out til 1990.

I didn’t want to tell him the clue’s in the title on the picture.

I’m just too nice.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

1. I wasn't talking about your ropey Brazilian bootleg

2. I was just saying that there were definitely some shite re-presses of it in the 80s, so shite batches were a possibility

3. Where's my Amon Duul :D 

Just now, bickster said:

1. I wasn't talking about your ropey Brazilian bootleg

2. I was just saying that there were definitely some shite re-presses of it in the 80s, so shite batches were a possibility

3. Where's my Amon Duul :D 

1. Nor were we.

2. It's not the Brazilian version.

3. We were on about the Stranglers.

3a. Not got it out the sleeve yet :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

1. Nor were we.

2. It's not the Brazilian version.

3. We were on about the Stranglers.

3a. Not got it out the sleeve yet :)

Ah I though we were talking about PATGOD

Stranglers - Cd - Greatest Hits - Job done ;) 

The new Sleep Token album is a bit of a let down, entirely of their own making. 12 songs, and they'd already released 6 as singles. Here's half an album you already listened to, and the worse half.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The new Sleep Token album is a bit of a let down, entirely of their own making. 12 songs, and they'd already released 6 as singles. Here's half an album you already listened to, and the worse half.

I've tried to get into Sleep Token but they just don't do it for me.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I've tried to get into Sleep Token but they just don't do it for me.

Not one of my favourites really and I find a lot very samey, but they fit in the sweet spot of having enough heavier stuff to get my interest, while not so much so they make the other half cover her ears, so they're a regular in our house.

• Like 1

A lot of my listening is on CD right now because my turntable is getting bloody noisy (I'm saving for a new one)

Anyway I have this in a CD box set. Originally released in 1977. It has a lot of the big names involved in the early Jamaican Dub Scene involved. Sly and Robbie, Tommy McCook, Ansell Collins, Jackie Mittoo, Roland Alphonso, Earl "Chinna" Smith

It's essentially the two most prolific Jamaican studio crews of the time coming together to make a Dub album

Agrovators meets The Revolutionaries At Channel One Studios

Top summer Sunday morning tunage (and Yes it passes the Chris acid test of having an extremely shit cover :D )

OC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â