What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

A bit drunk and getting alexa to play stuff cuz it's easier. 

So far had Cockney Rebel, ELO, 10CC, Dennis Wilson. 

A good night! 

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

A bit drunk and getting alexa to play stuff cuz it's easier. 

So far had Cockney Rebel, ELO, 10CC, Dennis Wilson. 

A good night! 

Out of curiosity, do you pay to actually hear those bands, or do you have the version that plays bands an American software writer thinks are a bit like those bands?

I can’t be doing with the Alexa in our house, and what it thinks sounds a bit like Future Sound Of London.

Edited by chrisp65

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Out of curiosity, do you pay to actually hear those bands, or do you have the version that plays bands an American software writer thinks are a bit like those bands?

I can’t be doing with the Alexa in our house, and what it thinks sounds a bit like Future Sound Of London.

The wife succumbed and pays the £5 a month.

But you have to be very specific, like "Alexa, play the album Chicago 14 by Chicago" or the daft tart will play something else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The wife succumbed and pays the £5 a month.

But you have to be very specific, like "Alexa, play the album Chicago 14 by Chicago" or the daft tart will play something else.

You have to be bloody quick when you want it to play the song the complete history of sexual jealousy parts 17 to 24 by momus 

• Shocked 1

Fabulous album, but when I first played it I thought my record player had broken. Then I used by brain and figured out that it was pressed at 33rpm. Is that common for albums these days? My first time coming across this.

Edit: 45rpm lol

IMG_20230506_125136_(900_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.6191fcc531f41848c14f35ceb5b1a95c.jpg

Edited by Lichfield Dean

Having to work both today and tomorrow but have the whole office to myself so blasting out the entire Super Furry Animals back catalogue.

I have my usual favourite albums (Fuzzy Logic, Radiator and Phantom Power) but Love Kraft is an absolute peach! 

• Like 2

Now onto Sturgill Simpson’s Sound & Fury - another belter but totally miles away from usual country output.

The video(es) for the entire album tracklist is well worth watching on Netflix. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Now onto Sturgill Simpson’s Sound & Fury - another belter but totally miles away from usual country output.

The video(es) for the entire album tracklist is well worth watching on Netflix. 

It’s the album that was bought, played once and that was it. That was what I expected though. 

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I know you’re not a lover of it 😥

That was the expectation though. I judge him positively for doing it as he follows his own arrow. That said I really love the rest of his catalogue and so I don’t write him off for this. 

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 12:53, Lichfield Dean said:

Fabulous album, but when I first played it I thought my record player had broken. Then I used by brain and figured out that it was pressed at 33rpm. Is that common for albums these days? My first time coming across this.

Edit: 45rpm lol

IMG_20230506_125136_(900_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.6191fcc531f41848c14f35ceb5b1a95c.jpg

I thought I was alone in being an owner of a Katatonia album that didn't feature a Welsh bird singing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I thought I was alone in being an owner of a Katatonia album that didn't feature a Welsh bird singing. 

In the days when I downloaded stuff illegally I intended to download Catatonia and more often than not it was a metal band. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â