What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

spacer.png

Jack Jones’ band when he isn’t guitarist for Pete Doherty, or performing spoken word poetry, or organising art happenings, or flitting between his bases in Swansea, London, and Berlin.

But is he happy?

• Like 1

MTYtNDA3OS5qcGVn.jpeg

Nyorai - Harukaze

ODctNTUwMy5qcGVn.jpeg

John Haughey - Flowline

ODUtMjAxOS5qcGVn.jpeg

Ian Boddy - As Far Away As Possible

Three ambient / downtempo electronic albums on CD from my new monthly subscription the Werra Foxma Club. I really can't get enough of this type of stuff, just great background music

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 23:30, bickster said:

MTYtNDA3OS5qcGVn.jpeg

Nyorai - Harukaze

ODctNTUwMy5qcGVn.jpeg

John Haughey - Flowline

ODUtMjAxOS5qcGVn.jpeg

Ian Boddy - As Far Away As Possible

Three ambient / downtempo electronic albums on CD from my new monthly subscription the Werra Foxma Club. I really can't get enough of this type of stuff, just great background music

The artwork for those is right up my alley.

So is ambient/downtempo electronic stuff, so will definitely be checking them out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

The artwork for those is right up my alley.

So is ambient/downtempo electronic stuff, so will definitely be checking them out.

£10 a month subscription for CDs or £5 for download only. As sooon as you jin you get access to a load of subscription only albums (I think I just quickly counted 22) There's even more on the Castles in Space Sub club (£15 months for vinyl, £5 for download)

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Probably the best ever song about a fly asking to share some shepherd pie.

According to Discogs my ‘77 reprint is worth £70!

I can kind of understand someone that wants an original paying over the odds, but one of dozens of re presses that come out fairly regularly?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

According to Discogs my ‘77 reprint is worth £70!

Never actually been sold on Discogs though, those prices are just dealers taking a punt on what they think they can get away with

An example from my collection. There were two versions of The Freshies single "I'm in love with a girl from the Virgin / A Certain Manchester Megastore Check Out Desk", the original and the certain one after Virgin bizarrely complained about the free publicity. I bought this at the time and it was only when I was cataloging the collection that I realised mine had the labels for the virgin version but played the certain version, so in Discogs world, that's a mislabelled vinyl. It wasn't on Discogs, so I had to put it on myself. So far 7 people have this in their collection and 12 people want it. There is 1 for sale at around £36. No-one knows what its worth because no-one realised it existed until I found my copy, it's never sold, the price is a complete and utter punt

Having said that, it is a repress in the original circular cover so that may also be influencing the price

Doesn't really matter though does it, because it is a great album. I have it on CD

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â