What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

What are on discs 2 and 3. I still have a copy that dates back to the early 80s

Is it the 5 dub mixes released in 2007? (15 tracks in all?)

C1   Culture & Mr. Bojangles Two Sevens Clash / Prophecy Reveal

C2 The Mighty Two FulFillment
D1 Culture & I Roy* I'm Not Ashamed / Under Tight Wraps
D2 The Mighty Two I'm Not Ashamed Version
E1 Culture & Prince Weedy See Them A Come / Mask Mi Mask
E2 Culture Informer
E3 The Mighty Two Informer Version
E4 Joe Gibbs & The Professionals State Of Emergency
E5 Shorty The President Natty Pass His GCE
F1 Culture & I Roy* Natty Dread Taking Over / Invasion
F2 Joe Gibbs & The Professionals

Natty Gone Clear

It’s a 2017 version release, I picked it up in Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield sometime late last year. Two discs of dubs and versions. Disc 2 is great, a great pressing and great music. Disc 3 rarely gets a play as it sounds to have been pressed using a George Foreman grille.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

C1   Culture & Mr. Bojangles Two Sevens Clash / Prophecy Reveal

C2 The Mighty Two FulFillment
D1 Culture & I Roy* I'm Not Ashamed / Under Tight Wraps
D2 The Mighty Two I'm Not Ashamed Version
E1 Culture & Prince Weedy See Them A Come / Mask Mi Mask
E2 Culture Informer
E3 The Mighty Two Informer Version
E4 Joe Gibbs & The Professionals State Of Emergency
E5 Shorty The President Natty Pass His GCE
F1 Culture & I Roy* Natty Dread Taking Over / Invasion
F2 Joe Gibbs & The Professionals

Natty Gone Clear

It’s a 2017 version release, I picked it up in Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield sometime late last year. Two discs of dubs and versions. Disc 2 is great, a great pressing and great music. Disc 3 rarely gets a play as it sounds to have been pressed using a George Foreman grille.

Blimey, for a compilation its very reggae heavy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just change the titles of the D side to I'm Not Ashamed of My Horse and he'll lap it up

I sometimes find myself listening to music because they have titles like that, I am a sucker for a mans love for his horse, or tractor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually found myself listening to that Georgia Ruth album a few times, and thinking, I wonder what Seat would think of this one?

So I’ve stuck it on what you listening to, would be interested in your opinion on the dead dog standard.

I call you Seat in my head.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I actually found myself listening to that Georgia Ruth album a few times, and thinking, I wonder what Seat would think of this one?

So I’ve stuck it on what you listening to, would be interested in your opinion on the dead dog standard.

I call you Seat in my head.

I will listen to it tomorrow. I am intrigued by her description. 

• Like 1

Listened to Mai by Georgia Ruth this morning, as per @chrisp65 and it ticks a lot of the boxes that I like from the folkier side of my taste, then I listened to  Kingfisher and its a great example of the pop music I like. I hear Stina Nordenstam in parts and then she throws me with the pop, in a good way. 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

From the later end of Ed Ball’s band The Times. When I bought it in ‘92 I was sorely disappointed, now, it’s great.

Never throw your shit records away kids.

My wife, who I never married for her record collection, likes Ed Ball and as such The Times. Not going to lie it’s not for me but you know, got to let the chicks play their music and that. Ed is no Dan Treacy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife, who I never married for her record collection, likes Ed Ball and as such The Times. Not going to lie it’s not for me but you know, got to let the chicks play their music and that. Ed is no Dan Treacy. 

Your wife is certainly a lady of intermittent taste.

There’s plenty of Ed Ball stuff that is bang average, but every now and again there’s something great. I’ve got a mix of vinyl and cassettes and I’ve been thinking I need to get the cassettes back in the house.

St Etienne, Home Counties

spacer.png

I wasn’t looking for this, I didn’t even know it existed. But there it was in the siop and it was a shiny new sealed double album, with download… for £14 so I picked it up. It’s on Heavenly, a nice label, so I look at the small print and in the credits as helping with production is current fave Carwyn Ellis.

So I bought it. You can still get nice things for £14.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â