What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Listening to this for the first time in years. It was an album that figuratively knocked me off my feet. Prior to this I owned Fevers and Mirrors and the split ep he did with Her Space Holiday. This album though was a different league. It remains excellent.
 I’m wide awake it’s morning by Bright eyes  

IMG_0876.jpeg.f702fbd7b59fb77db14a58873b24baed.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I knew you'd be onto this! 

Tantalising little glimpses of Cian’s techno / synth in there. I think of all of them, it’s actually angry Cian’s sound that I most tune in to.

Went to one of his ‘gigs’ once and it was just him sat cross legged on stage twiddling some knobs on some box and every now and again he’d get up walk over to a mic and ask ‘well, you angry yet?’ As the evening went on it was ramped up into full techno by the end and he had the place ready to burst out on to the streets and burn everything down.

• Like 2

Been shopping, tried to have restraint, failed but not completely

Anyway, first up a soundtrack from the movie Men. Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury combine again on an Alex Garland project.

Chillingly haunting sountrack with lots of very echoey voice as instrument compositions. Absolutely spine tingling in places

Barrow and Salisbury are absolute masters of their craft, they combine their talents well

ben_salisbury_geoff_barrow_men_original_

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Been shopping, tried to have restraint, failed but not completely

Anyway, first up a soundtrack from the movie Men. Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury combine again on an Alex Garland project.

Chillingly haunting sountrack with lots of very echoey voice as instrument compositions. Absolutely spine tingling in places

Barrow and Salisbury are absolute masters of their craft, they combine their talents well

ben_salisbury_geoff_barrow_men_original_

Yeah I've got that one myself. Suited the film brilliantly.

• Like 1

Next Up...

WIld Billy Childish & CTMF - Failrue No Success

The prolific WBC's latest. More from the straight up garage side of his output

Big shout of to WBC and Damaged Goods for releasing standard black vinyl albums, no limited editions and at a sensible price (£18). It's perfetly possible to do it, they just don't want to

MDEtODAyOS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

FInal Purchase

Reading's Ulrika Spacek with their new album Compact Trauma

Alternative rock I guess, I like them but this is the first time I've atually bought anything of theirs

MzctNDE3MC5qcGVn.jpeg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â