What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

This is John Dwyer and friends. John Dwyer of The Oh Sees (or whatever they call themselves this minute)

Instrumentals, no vocals, just jamming. This is Jazz. Heavy psyche improv Jazz

John Dwyer, Ryan Sawyer, Peter Kerlin, Brad Caulkins, Kyp Malone, Tom Dolas, Marcos Rodriguez, Andres Renteria, Ben Boye, Laena Myers-Ionita And Joce Soubrian – Moon-Drenched

MzctMzkwMC5qcGVn.jpeg

At our tip there's a charity shop, just been down to drop off some stuff and found this in the LP section.

spacer.png

Nice compilation with some deep cuts instead of the usual fare, and in superb nick for a quid.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Stop it. stop embarrassing yourself, you'll be using the term vinyls next :D

Yeah, I blame Radio caroline. I'm quite the fan nowadays :)

• Haha 1

Anyways, I think I've been waiting 6 months for this. CD was released ages ago, the vinyl has finally arrived

Adrian Sherwood presents Dub No Frontiers.

Unusually released on Peter Gabriels Realword Records. An absolute labour of love for AMS a good number of years in the making. Dub is a very male oriented musical genre, AMS is attempting to address that by releasing an album of ten different female voices from all over the globe with completely different backgrounds. This was a project started by AMS with Style Scott and Scott has been dead 9 years now, so that gives you an indication of how long this has been going on. Also half of the tracks were recorded at Channel One in Jamaica, presumably the earlier tracks which Style Scott was involved with.

Anyway, this album is fantastic

NTAtNjEwNi5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 3

I don't know too much about this apart from Gina Birch is an original member of The Raincoats and I really liked the title track that I heard on the radio.

Really liking it so far, especially the dubby Pussy Riot track (its not all like that though, really quite varied in styles)

EDIT: Having now perused the sleeve notes, this is co-produced by Birch and Youth, Youth also plays on a good number of tracks. Also features Thurston Moore and Helen McCookerybook amonst others. It's also on that Jack White's Third Man label.

Gina Birch - I Play My Bass Loud

MDUtNTU5NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Ok this is obscure and bought on a complete whim based on the description in Probe and that its on Finders Keepers

Never been released on vinyl before. A soundtrack to a Polish (Communist Poland) film from 1972

This is the description on the sticker from the shop 1972 Kosmiche Psyche Polish Soundtrack. This music must have been frowned upon by the authorities (hence it was never rleased)

Andrej Korzynski-s soundtrack to Zulawski's Diabel (The Devil)

MDEtNTU1Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

And finally from todays purchases

Shame's new and third album Food For Worms

I thought a while back that having two Shame albums was enough but I'd heard enough of this and read a few reviews to change my mind. It's definitely a step forward and a much more mature album. It's still Shame but there's much more variety and the arrangements are much more considered. It seems like the new approach they've adfopted has paid off

MTEtNTY3Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Not a vinyl junkie by any means, but had to plump for this mid-'00s indie-math classic when it came up for a fan-funded pressing last year and it's just arrived in the post this week.  Haven't popped the record itself on yet, but have had my old CD copy going all week and it's been giving me the nostalgia-fuzzies.

Primary

I don't know why but I saw this in the racks nd decided this was the record for now

First pressing with bonus album Dreamtime Live at the Lyceum (which was later issued in its own right)

LTQyOTYuanBlZw.jpeg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â