What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Again on CD because its more of a CD thing and there are loads more tracks on the CD

Former Throbbing Gristler Cosey Fanni Tutti's Soundtrack to the Film Delia Derbyshire, The Myths and the Legendary Tapes. Her compositions inspired by Derbyshire after researching her archive

NzYtNjYzNC5qcGVn.jpeg

Only vinyl purchase of the day and only the second this year

Brum's finest oddball Lawrence, formerly of Felt, Denim, Go-Kart Mozart etc, and his new incarnation Mozart Estate - Pop-up, Kerching! and the Possibilities of Modern Shopping.

MzYtMzE1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Les Big Byrd's 3rd album Eternal Light Brigade. Released last year but never managed to find a vinyl version so CD it was today

Didn’t know this existed, so that’s a quest started.

Iran Iraq Ikea is currently £65 on Discogs, I sometimes wish I was a flipper.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Didn’t know this existed, so that’s a quest started.

Iran Iraq Ikea is currently £65 on Discogs, I sometimes wish I was a flipper.

CD only came out on Friday I think. Probe ordered the vinyl on pre-sale ages ago, it clearly exists (3 versions) but it doesn't look like much made it out of Sweden

• Like 1

At The Heart Of Wintervale by Twilight Force. The best way to describe this is probably "Disney Metal" or "Tolkien Rock" or something.

If you like your music with integrity, grit, reality and social commentary I suggest you run far away.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

I love a good compilation (its my inner DJ) and Bob STanley and Pete Wiggs are masters of the art

English Weather

"The autumnal sound of Britain and the turn of the 70s, looking out through wet window panes to a new decade with a mixture of melancholy and optimism for what might come next. WIth The B***les gone and the the pound sinking, a new and distinctive sound emerges, led by flutes and mellotrons"

Includes Caravan, Van Der Graaf Generator, John Cale, Camel, Daevid Allen and more.

Hippy shit, the good hippy shit

MC0zNDY2LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 1

Gid Coe had a session by these on tonight and it really grabbed my attention. Criminally under-rated band

Yeah Yeah Noh - Cutting The Heavenly Lawn Of Greatness...Last Rites For The God Of Love

I used to know the bass player on this album, Ade, he pitched up in Liverpool after this and was in a band called The Australians. He was a bit of a prick tbh. Anyway, he wasn't the talent.

This is great.

LTUxMDQuanBlZw.jpeg

It's the 50th anniversary, so all the music mags are featuring it. It's also my personal favourite LZ album (The Crunge, D'Yer Maker and all). My Spotify playlist version has The Rover, Houses of the Holy and Black Country Woman added in from Physical Graffiti, as they belong to these recording sessions. 

220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Houses_of_the_Holy.jpg

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â