What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Yeah, it was Spy In The Cab, I guess the Eggs might be their esoteric selves and alluding to it in Magic Onion.

I lost that Bauhaus album decades ago then at a recent match my bro presented it to me. He’d ‘borrowed’ it but no longer had space.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, it was Spy In The Cab, I guess the Eggs might be their esoteric selves and alluding to it in Magic Onion.

I lost that Bauhaus album decades ago then at a recent match my bro presented it to me. He’d ‘borrowed’ it but no longer had space.

As it happens, I bought my copy in Cardiff. £3.99 in a record shop called Buffalo that was in The Hays
And it was originally the limited edition first release that came with the live LP Press the Eject, which was later released in it's own right but that record went west out of my collection a long time ago

Bloody hell, Buffalo, yes I remember that.

I’m pretty sure mine is the double album with Press The Eject. It would have been just a bit off my usual style at the time, I had a bit of a thing for Japan, and then Bauhaus. My little gang of the time wouldn’t have known about those, they were very puritanical in what you could buy and listen too. We were trying to create our own little place on the mod / skin / scooterist Venn diagram. Just ended up being scruffy mods that hung out with skinheads. But only the nice skinheads.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Bloody hell, Buffalo, yes I remember that.

I have a vague recollection. I think I may have otyhers I bought there, maybe a Cure album has one of their stickers on. I definitely have Spillers records too, In fact I think my copy of Earcom 2 has a Spillers sticker but as that is in the Compilations section, I can't be arsed to search them right now :D

Thats actually a good suggestion, might stick Peace Sword on myself after the washing up but going back to the Wayne Coyne being a douchebag didn't all that start with his constant calling out of Arcade Fire? And it turns out Coyne might have been right? Though both him and Win Butler could both be arseholes, I dunno,

• Like 2

I think there’s been a few things, I think he ditched his long term partner for the stereotypical younger model. I think he upset someone releasing a video that was more arse than art when they’d thought they were working on a collaboration but it got released without consent. But to be honest, I’ve not really looked at it too much.

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

for the stereotypical younger model

She's a bit of a nutter, I watched the documentary on the space ball gigs during covid the other night. I mean what she was saying was sort of normal but you could tell she was a bit nuts all the same

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 21:28, Talldarkandransome said:

Appetite for Destruction, 35 years on and I've still not listened to anything better. 

You’ve obviously not heard this then. 

• Haha 2

Today has been something of an easy listening day. This morning before work it was Scott Walker....

Ny03ODY2LmpwZWc.jpeg

And now this evening it's Johnny Mathis

Ni01OTkyLmpwZWc.jpeg

The version of Light My Fire on the Johnny Mathis album is great

Two albums that cost me very little at all

I'll need something with some pace next

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Specifically Side 3. Those who know, know.

The Damned, The Black Album

Though I might hit side 2 for History of the World because I just realised that someone else other than the Damned Produced and played synth on that track

Spoiler

Hans Zimmer! I knew about his Buggles and Shriekback contributions but somehow this escaped me. If you look at the sleeve credits it says "Over-produced by Hans Zimmer" :D

LmpwZWc.jpeg

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Specifically Side 4. Those who know, know.

The Damned, The Black Album

Though I might hit side 2 for History of the World because I just realised that someone else other than the Damned Produced and played synth on that track

Reveal hidden contents

Hans Zimmer! I knew about his Buggles and Shriekback contributions but somehow this escaped me. If you look at the sleeve credits it says "Over-produced by Hans Zimmer" :D

LmpwZWc.jpeg

I'm a side three man, myself. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm a side three man, myself. 

Sorry, I meant side 3, Side 4 is the garbage live side

Curtain Call was just one of the most bonkers tracks I'd ever heard in 1980. I'm surprised it hasn't worn out tbh. That there is the first ever Prog-punk track

Could actually be my funeral song. Thanks for coming now listen to this and just leave at the end of it :D

An album I've not listened to in a number of years.

e7b8def3.jpg

It was only because I saw The Lousiana in Bristol on TV the other day and reminded me of the time I saw them there, which is a great little venue. Everyone was getting kicked out after the gig and the three of us were allowed to stay as they thought we were in the band/support band. Although we didn't get to stay long anyway as my mates girlfriend was picking us up to take us to Worcester.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â