What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

A Jacques Dutronc Greatest Hits CD

All four albums he released in this period and his fifth in 71 and another he released in 75 are all eponymously titled Jacques Dutronc, no numbers nothing all the exact same title :D

The only one of his first 7 albums that didn't have that title was the one he released in 1972, that was called.... 1972 :D:D:D

You only need one Dutronc album and this is it

Ny0yMzU3LmpwZWc.jpeg

On 26/01/2023 at 14:06, PieFacE said:

Anyone listened to the Reytons album? Had never heard of them before until I saw them getting plugged on Twitter. Apparently a band with no label and currently on track to have the number 1 album in the UK.

Was listening to it on my walk home when you posted and finished it off on the walk to work this morning and think I'd heard 1 or 2 songs on playlists that spotify have suggested for me bit like you was only when I heard about them in the running for number 1 album I had a listen. Very reminiscent of Milburn and early Arctic Monkeys, that's probably the South Yorkshire accents as much as the music.

I don't listen to an awful lot of Indie music now but enjoyed it. I think there is a bit of a scene growing with Indie bands currently. Some being pretty popular without the commercial appeal at the moment. I guess a few will be pushed by labels now trying to cash in on The Reytons success.

• Like 1

I mentioned it the other day, Lost 80s Indie classic. The Room - In Evil Hour.

Not going to waffle on about it again and it's on because I'm off out to see their first gig since 1985 tonight. I really don't expect to hear any of this though as it's clearly The Room mk3, another new start.

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

From yesterday, just catching up on my admin…

spacer.png

Oczy Mlody, Flaming Lips.

A band I’m happily not too invested in so I can enjoy the music and ignore rumours of the lead guy being a bit of a douche.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2023 at 21:44, chrisp65 said:

Bought it when it came out in ‘21 and I don’t think there’s been anything better released since.

Of the recent records, this gets played far more than anything else. 

spacer.png

I really like a couple of songs on it, but pretty much dislike the rest, which is unusual. Loads of albums have some killer, loads of filler, but to actually dislike, i.e. I'd turn it off if it came on the radio - that's kind of rare.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, blandy said:

I really like a couple of songs on it, but pretty much dislike the rest, which is unusual. Loads of albums have some killer, loads of filler, but to actually dislike, i.e. I'd turn it off if it came on the radio - that's kind of rare.  

Yeah, there are definitely two tiers of quality on there, but for me there’s more than enough decent stuff to happily listen through the whole thing. Certainly nothing on there that I dislike. I’ll do my weird thing where I’ll listen to it listening to the bass, then put it on again and listen to the drums. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Pop quiz: which of the bands above have a song about tacograph legislation?

As Bauhaus definitely do (Spy in the Cab), I'm guessing both of them do but I don't know which Lovely Eggs track it is

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â