What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

There was short period in my life where this was my favourite band. The Woodentops second album - Wooden Foot Cops on the Highway

I think they'd wained in my affections when this came out but it was bought out of loyalty as much of it so far isn't very familiar. Also iirc I thought it was over-produced at the time. With hindsight, I think I was wrong. It's a much better album than my internal mental rating system had it down as. There are also some other things I've only discovered tonight. Doug Wimbish (On-U / Living Colour) plays bass on some of this, Bernie Worrell (Funkadelic / Parliament etc) plays Clavinet and Gary Lucas (Beefheart sideman in The Magic Band and very recent On-U colaboration) plays slide guitar. It's is produced by Scott Litt who went on the produce 6 REM albums after this.

This may have been ahead of its time when released.

NzQtOTI4MC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Sometimes you have no idea how records come to be in your collection. I certainly didn't buy it.

It's a bit rubbish. I think this'll end up in a disposal pile. I am getting close to trading in some of the collection, that a) have some value and b) I'll never miss. I want a new turntable and this is probably the way it'll come about. This is in that pile

My0yODUwLmpwZWc.jpeg

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

For anyone interested, this is currently £12 on Amazon.

Thats a considerable mark down from the £9499.99 it was on release. Might actually have a go at that price. I quite enjoyed the film they made of the making of it

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Is that because you'll have to file it under N and won't be able to see past the B section? :mrgreen: 

Played once by the previous owner I meant, you plum :crylaugh:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â