What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Every home should have it. 

They absolutely should. It really is up there with his very best. I'm not sure Mr Cave has ever made a duff album but The Good Son is one of his absolute best

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh get you Mr DInked again.

Dinked doesn't get sold in these parts :D

Great album though, I suspect we are of few fans of the Wigan bedroom synthesist

Currently being played at a considerable volume on the old headphones. Semi open headphones, so you can go louder for longer without ear sweat.

Yeah it’s just luck of the draw that Spillers is on the list for Dinked.

• Like 1

Well, that was a nice surprise, arrived home to my latest Castles in Space Subscrription Records. I'd forgotten some were due and Colin the bloke that runs it is a wee bit unorganised so things sort of just appear and even if he sends an email saying he's going to send records out on Monday, you only half believe him. I thought, wow this package is heavy. His lack of organisation has reached new levels, he's actually sent me the three albums, including a double (a proper double - 2 artists, 1 album each) that were due and the previous two, which I'd already got and hadn't complained about not getting at all. There's no point sending them back because, he'll just tell me to keep them or give them to someone, as I've seen him do to everyone else who has recieved duplicates. I think I might go and see if there's anything I can play swapsies with in a local record second hand shop that does actually also stock some new CIS stuff

Anyway first on was this

afp - Barefoot

NjctNDI5OS5qcGVn.jpeg

and now I'm onto this

Monochrome Echo - The City and the Stars (nice cover)

MTYtNDA0NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Both albums are synthy ambience but the afp one is more towards drone and the Monochrome Echo one is slightly more melodic

That leaves the double for after work tomight or in the morning

And just to piss me off, I think I need a new needle

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can't lsiten to vinyl until Wednesday probably grrrrrr

Whilst I was a bit flush, I managed to get a float of a couple of spares.

I took a punt on some after market needles that fit old Shure cartridges and it appears to have worked.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Whilst I was a bit flush, I managed to get a float of a couple of spares.

I took a punt on some after market needles that fit old Shure cartridges and it appears to have worked.

I had this thought before Xmas that a needle might be due and I should for once buy early. Forgot.

• Like 1

New stylus arrived a day early. Now not convinced I need one. It seems like it was the (brand new) record I was playing. Grrrrrr

Anyway... Burning Spear - Reggae Greats.

One of the great Island Records Greats compilations from the mid-eighties. I have a couple of others too, if I ever spot others of bands I like at a reasonable price, they'll be in the bag. But the prices for 2nd hand reggae records can be obscene. These were mid-price compilations at the time (£4.99 I paid for this from the sticker) but now some of them fetch £30 upwards, like the Toots and the Maytals one which I used to have but is lost in the mists of time.

Anyway. A great Burning Spear primer

LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â