What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This album is finally starting to click. Took a fair few listens but it's usually a sign of an album that sticks around. Finding something new to like with every listen. Thanks. 

Yeah, it's very different to the SLAVES stuff, and you can tell it's a more personal album for him (he wrote most of it during his MH issues a while ago).

I really like it.

24 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, it's very different to the SLAVES stuff, and you can tell it's a more personal album for him (he wrote most of it during his MH issues a while ago).

I really like it.

I seem to have "Washing machine, i've been watching my washing machine" stuck in a loop in my head for about 2 days now ha. 

But yeah, I suspect the next Slaves album will be quite different considering they've changed their name to Soft Play.

Just bought this for a fiver. Their final album from 1988. Band leader Mitch Easter is better known for being the producer on the first two REM albums and some Suzanne Vega records

This is co-produced by him and John Leckie

It is absolutely of it's time, US College circuit jangle pop and paisley underground (Bangles, Dream Syndicate, R.E.M.

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Virgin's excellent Ambient compilation series from the early 90s - Volume 1

I find myself buying more albums by artists featured on this album and others in the series now than I ever did back then. I was just content with the compilations back then

anBlZw.jpeg

282-AED0-C-AF9-F-4-F95-B17-D-820783-A26-

Til Things Are Brighter. A 1988 tribute album to Johnny Cash with contributions from Marc Riley and The Mekons, both of which put it together. My favourite track is Pete Shelley’s take on Straight A’s In Love. 
On the whole a fairly solid and faithful tribute. 
Peaking out behind it is next to be played is Bruce Springsteens Nebraska, which contains Highway Patrolman and Johnny 99, 2 songs covered by Johnny Cash on his album Johnny 99. 

After a three weeks-plus wait for customs clearance, this lotarrived today. Only came from feckin Holland.

First generation bootleg EP, and Lp pressings from Holland, Germany and South Africa.

spacer.png

FIrst it was this...

Ni03NTM0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Now I'm halfway through this...

OS05NTM4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Now, the top one is my first press from 1981 and the second is the very quick second press from 1981 (you can tell by the cover)

Both are over 40 years old and I find it amazing considering that I used to be a club DJ that records like this still play immaculately. Both of these even in the intro grooves, there's hardly a pop or a crackle. There's no 180g, audiophile quality nonsense about these, they are bog standard releases. This 180g nonsense needs to bugger off back to the classical and jazz communities from where it spawned and reduce the price of records

I love both these albums and playing them reminds me I need to get hold of a copy of Organisation that was released between these two. OMDs first three albums were released in little over a calendar year and they are all superb.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â