What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Enjoying this one at the moment. 

bellowhead-3_albums.jpg

I'm going to see Bellowhead in a couple of weeks. I know what they do, but I don't have any of their albums. Where would you recommend I start?

No idea. I only have this album! People kept telling me I'd love it, but the first 4/5 times I tried to listen to the album I couldn't even get half way through. Then I gave it one last try and it all clicked into place, loving it now.

Enjoying this one at the moment. 

bellowhead-3_albums.jpg

I'm going to see Bellowhead in a couple of weeks. I know what they do, but I don't have any of their albums. Where would you recommend I start?

No idea. I only have this album! People kept telling me I'd love it, but the first 4/5 times I tried to listen to the album I couldn't even get half way through. Then I gave it one last try and it all clicked into place, loving it now.

If in doubt, Spotify.

Ah, but if I'd streamed the album, I'd have done so once and never gone back. Owning it meant I gave it a few more spins, and got the reward. And I love getting albums by bands I've not heard of and not knowing what to expect. All part of the thrill. 

Also, I'm a luddite  :)

• Like 1

Ah, but if I'd streamed the album, I'd have done so once and never gone back. Owning it meant I gave it a few more spins, and got the reward. And I love getting albums by bands I've not heard of and not knowing what to expect. All part of the thrill. 

Also, I'm a luddite   :)

I struggle to see what streaming services bring to the table.

There's not too much between the Bellowhead albums really.

Folk repertoire with parp.

Spiers & Boden did some material for a documentary about London screened a few months ago.

Just the two of them, recorded by the Thames. Nearly switched over - Boden's too cool for school (stage?) persona gets on my tits.

Grudgingly, I have to admit they were amazing. Brilliant, hypnotic playing on violin and melodion, and I'm not overly fond of either instrument.

Also, I'm a luddite   :)

I struggle to see what streaming services bring to the table.

Try before you buy. Very handy imo.

Plus decent websites put up playlists now and then which can introduce you to a tonne of new bands.

That Bellowhead album. The one up there ^^^^ , no point in putting the image in again! 

Was listening on way to work. Will now have Lillibulero going around my head all day.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â