What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Spent some time trying to get in to Sun Ra.

This is the Sun Ra record I have, I don't need any more

My05NDQ0LmpwZWc.jpeg

And only because I went to Discogs to get the pic have I just realised that the two CDs that came with it are not the same as the Double Vinyl. The vinyl is 16 tracks, The two Cds have another 18 tracks on top of that. Thats more tha enough Sun Ra

• Like 1

Yeah in the spirit of never saying never, I won’t bin it, but it is on the pile for storage to make space for stuff that will actually be played.

I’ve got limited space in the house, so if it isn’t one for playing it has to ship out.

On side two of the Clapton LP. Not really a fan to be honest . He’s got about 20 guests all playing different instruments which is fine, but was hoping for a more heavy blues from him. It’s listenable but can’t see me playing it much if at all again . 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

C1953BB6-6F77-4968-9769-487225B627BC.jpeg

Top this *******

Yep great album, I've got a copy. 

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

His debut solo album . Never heard it before but I’m hopeful with it being early Clapton 

F19396C9-1F69-48A7-9E53-903C81D144D5.jpeg

Nope, not got a single thing by him, never found him interesting in the slightest. 

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yep great album, I've got a copy. 

Nope, not got a single thing by him, never found him interesting in the slightest. 

Brilliant album from start to finish . As for Clapton it seems he peaked with Cream . Win a few lose a few . 

• Like 1

EDN1197_Packshot-100.jpeg

Fergus McCreadie - Forest Floor

Just saw it in the Mercury Prize nominations and gave it a listen. Folky jazz piano, instrumental, bit of a Celtic twang to it. "The Unfurrowed Field", "Morning Moon" and "Glade" are good tracks to start with.

Thanks to a nudge by @Xannthis arrived today. It's not like their current material that was linked, which is heading closer to Ripley Johnson territory this is exactly as described in the second photo

I've wanted this for a fair while and I didn't realise it had been repressed, Some joker on Discogs is selling this in the UK, used albeit in great condition for £49.99 + £4.10 P&P. Even getting it shipped from America it cost £20 less than that, brand new from the band's Bandcamp

NjgtNzU4Mi5qcGVn.jpegNjktNzIyNy5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Steve "interesting" Davis and his band Utopia Strong's second album - International Treasure

Right up my noodly intstrumental atmospheric psychedelic prog alley.

I'm still on the first listen but this album is brilliant. It's certainly a bit of a change of direction. I keep getting little flashbacks of memory from the first time I ever heard Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk, there are very small signatures in here that trigger that, I'm not saying it's remotely like SOE, it isn't but that's just what it does to me

Last track, Castalia, nothing wrong with it but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the album, jarringly so. The track before it though, the title track, that the rest of the album builds up to is absolutely superb. Maybe there's a concept here that I'm unaware of but.... hey ho, it's still a brillaint album

MzItODE0NC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Steve "interesting" Davis and his band Utopia Strong's second album - International Treasure

Right up my noodly intstrumental atmospheric psychedelic prog alley.

I'm still on the first listen but this album is brilliant. It's certainly a bit of a change of direction. I keep getting little flashbacks of memory from the first time I ever heard Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk, there are very small signatures in here that trigger that, I'm not saying it's remotely like SOE, it isn't but that's just what it does to me

Last track, Castalia, nothing wrong with it but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the album, jarringly so. The track before it though, the title track, that the rest of the album builds up to is absolutely superb. Maybe there's a concept here that I'm unaware of but.... hey ho, it's still a brillaint album

MzItODE0NC5qcGVn.jpeg

The song you put in the song thread sounds exactly like the cover suggests to me. Didn’t know it at all, but it was chilled.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â