What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Making a conscious effort to buy less this year, but I have ordered the new Jerry Cantrell album "Brighten" on coloured vinyl, not out for a couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Making a conscious effort to buy less this year, but I have ordered the new Jerry Cantrell album "Brighten" on coloured vinyl, not out for a couple of weeks.

And you’re listening to that right now are you?

**** hell, read the thread title.

Mods, are you monitoring this thread or not?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

And you’re listening to that right now are you?

**** hell, read the thread title.

Mods, are you monitoring this thread or not?

Well yes I am actually, I have it on my Amazon music as the CD has already been released but only listened to title track, I want to save the others, so...

spacer.png

:crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Well yes I am actually, I have it on my Amazon music as the CD has already been released but only listened to title track, I want to save the others, so...

spacer.png

:crylaugh:

Just checking mate, no need to be funny about it.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not the biggest Devoto fan and this album I struggled with in particular. I am giving it a relisten now I am older to see if I get more enjoyment out of it. 

IMG_04022022_102323_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.3f44bb6ea6176eb75a20abd28bcdbed3.jpg

1 or 2 tracks were OK, the same couple that I liked when I first bought it. Permafrost hits the spot. 

• Like 1

A 2013 reissue of a nice bit of 1983 power pop.

A slightly jagged spikey post punk / new wave with obvious Small Faces influences sort of sound. What’s not to like!

The vinyl is pink. But I can’t show you that. The laptop / vpn / WiFi is having issues and will only work with the mobile phone physically tethered to the laptop, all a bit stressful on a Friday. 1968 turntable working without issues. Makes you think, dunnit.

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A 2013 reissue of a nice bit of 1983 power pop.

A slightly jagged spikey post punk / new wave with obvious Small Faces influences sort of sound. What’s not to like!

The vinyl is pink. But I can’t show you that. The laptop / vpn / WiFi is having issues and will only work with the mobile phone physically tethered to the laptop, all a bit stressful on a Friday. 1968 turntable working without issues. Makes you think, dunnit.

spacer.png

Glad your turntable is working without issues. My new one is sat in a box ready to be returned and my rubbish new one is back out. Thankfully no quibble and I just need to think if I want a refund or replacement. 

Anyway the Prisoners. Yeah I like them. Not my favourite Medway band but certainly up there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Glad your turntable is working without issues. My new one is sat in a box ready to be returned and my rubbish new one is back out. Thankfully no quibble and I just need to think if I want a refund or replacement. 

Anyway the Prisoners. Yeah I like them. Not my favourite Medway band but certainly up there.

I think Swiss made in 1968 might be the ultimate in over engineered, it’s so heavy it’s just about comfortable to pick up. The actual platter you sit the record on weighs nearly 4kg’s on its own. But anyway, good luck with yours.

Yes, this album isn’t their best, but they were decent. Without googling them up, I don’t think they were ever successful in any meaningful ‘charts’ way.

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not the biggest Devoto fan and this album I struggled with in particular. I am giving it a relisten now I am older to see if I get more enjoyment out of it. 

IMG_04022022_102323_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.3f44bb6ea6176eb75a20abd28bcdbed3.jpg

It's their weakest, IMO. Couple, well 3, good tracks, but that's it for me.

rhythm of cruelty

the thin air

Permafrost

edit, make that 4. Forgot "believe that i understand"

edit again - it's better than "The Correct Use of Soap" as an album, so not their weakest.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My new one is sat in a box ready to be returned and my rubbish new one is back out. Thankfully no quibble and I just need to think if I want a refund or replacement.

What was wrong with it?

Considered the Fluance Signature floorstanding speakers a few years ago, but the cost to import and a tale of woe from someone that had attempted to do the same put me off.

Thought I'd see if we'd land the post Brexit deal with the US, then have another look?

Obviously no deal happened, but their record decks becoming popular has seen legitimate distribution step up anyway.

Good to know they haven't pissed you about.

Just now, Xann said:

What was wrong with it?

Considered the Fluance Signature floorstanding speakers a few years ago, but the cost to import and a tale of woe from someone that had attempted to do the same put me off.

Thought I'd see if we'd land the post Brexit deal with the US, then have another look?

Obviously no deal happened, but their record decks becoming popular has seen legitimate distribution step up anyway.

Good to know they haven't pissed you about.

Dead on arrival. Making my mind up on something potentially better, if not that I will get a straight replacement, it looks lovely and the reviews are solid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I might have mentioned once or twice that I'm a sucker for recording perfection, almost regardless of genre.

Roadhouses and automobiles is one of those records. Pure speaker butter

14 minutes ago, Xann said:

Have you got an SACD player?

Affirmative, great format that got in a bit too late. (Thanks for giving me a reason to clean the dust of the system, first photo was horrendous :D  )

rj6a7yC.png

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â