What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

what’s the loudest you can repeatedly play one side of one album whilst someone else works from home…

Depends how far away their home is from yours, I guess. Do I win a prize?

(And on backwards playing tracks, track -1 on the Arcade Fire album Reflektor is another one. put the CD in, then before it starts, go back a track < )

36 minutes ago, blandy said:

Depends how far away their home is from yours, I guess. Do I win a prize?

(And on backwards playing tracks, track -1 on the Arcade Fire album Reflektor is another one. put the CD in, then before it starts, go back a track < )

Yep, that’s how they did the Guerilla CD.

The flip side of the album has a closed loop of a mobile phone ringing.

How far away is the WFH? Let’s see… about 2.8 metres, vertically.

When I first bought this I wasn't sure what to make of it and it wasn't like anything I was listening to at the time. I didn't know their influences or references so it was new ground. I do love it though and it's telling that it was the album I had in mind that I wanted to play once Christmas was put away. 

IMG_02012022_153245_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.7acb5a45700fc4ee11d75e1671fdd2ab.jpg

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

One of them has gone on to make critically acclaimed soundtracks, the others are riding the indie nostalgia gravy train.

Fuzz Townsend is also a Motoring Journailst / Broadcaster and as we know Richard March is an Antique HiFi repairer :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Fuzz Townsend is also a Motoring Journailst / Broadcaster and as we know Richard March is an Antique HiFi repairer :D

Fuzz is also a garage owner, and mechanic obviously. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's been a while since I listened to this album and I think it holds up. It's their best as far as I am concerned. Not a huge fan of the band even if my record collection calls bullshit on that statement. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

It's been a while since I listened to this album and I think it holds up. It's their best as far as I am concerned. Not a huge fan of the band even if my record collection calls bullshit on that statement. 

I concur, it's no longer in my collection, another one lost in action somewhere but my collection does include some PWEI, I think most of them were freebies because of the Scorpio Rising / CHapter 22 connection

• Like 1

This is getting its first play as it was bought last month, and as wife and daughter aren't demanding that I play something they like I may as well persist. It's Waylon Jennings 1982 album, Black on Black. Some standout tracks on this and it sounds excellent. 

IMG_02012022_171055_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.7a72ddbd8f3dd1d9455eeee9e22c806b.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No idea what’s on that album but it would be an instant purchase if I saw it in the racks.

It's got a very good sleeve as Jennings goes and I bought it based purely on the sleeve. I know a few of the tracks so knew it was from a good period but yes, definitely judged a book by it's cover. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

…and of course, at some point we have to have a hint what turntable you ended up with…

Ah of course, I forgot all about it, it's actually bought and under my bed as my stereo wasn't in the most accessible place. So that's a task for tomorrow. Fluance Elite RT81. 

• Like 2

A little bit of a cheapo novelty record

Lord Sitar - Lord Sitar

Otherwise known as Big Jim Sullivan a session musician of some standing in the 60s and 70s (Guitarist). He appears on over 750 charting singles including 54 Number Ones

Anyway, he was also one of the few UK session men to learn the Sitar, so he picked a bit of extra work through that. He was also a friend of George Harrison and they used to practice the instrument together.

So in 1968 he released this album and it was re-issued for RSD in 2015. Clearly didn't sell that well as it cost me less than a tenner in the Rough Trade sale six and a half years later (Green Vinyl - they all are unless its a 68 original)

R-6900600-1567107267-6732.jpeg.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 2

Early Moon Due album Mazes, first vinyl release since 2011 was this limited edition of 300 for Rough Trade earlier in the year (White Vinyl)

This is Ripley Johnson, Moon Duo is sort of his Garage Band which was once described as a side project of Wooden Shjips but I think we can safely say, they sit alongside each other these days, Ripley seems to release more Moon Duo records than Shjips records

R-20498179-1633618540-6783.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Probably one of the last bands I saw live Creep Show, which is John Grant with Wrangler. Wrngler are a bit of "supergroup" themselves asall the members are sort of well known elsewhere, Steven Mallinder from Cabaret Voltaire, Benge from... lots of groups and Phil Winter from Tunng.

Electronic Experimental non-pop pop songs I guess. I'd forgotten all about them with the Pandemic until I saw the album going cheap in the Rough Trade sale and if I'm honest at full price I probably wouldn't have bought it

R-11719346-1521905170-1504.jpeg.jpg

Spoiler

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â