What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

And finally Haul#8

Shame - Drunk Tank Pink. Deluxe Edition, Clear vinyl double album with second disc being early demo versions of each track on the original album.

They get compared to Idles / Parquet Courts etc. which is fair and Fontains DC which really isn't. Personally I much prefer them to Idles

Shame---Drunk-Tank-Pink-Deluxe.jpg?16378

• Like 1

spacer.png

Double album with a bunch of previously unreleased stuff to keep everyone happy.

All from 1967 so far more of a 60’s singer songwriter vibe going on than the early 70’s stuff. Which might be stating the obvious.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 16:13, bickster said:

Xmas Haul #2

Trees Speak - Almost Human plus free 7" with initial first pressing

This one is purely speculative as they released 2 albums this year and I thing this one from the descriptions of them is more me but I'll probably get the other one at some point. Succeeded in not listening to a single track before opening it, so it's brand new to me and sounding great as I type. Experimental Jazz meets German Electronics meets Post-Punk (with a hint of Space-Rock) is how I'd describe this instrumental album

R-18791365-1621424903-9861.jpeg.jpg

I was a bit disappointed with this when I bought it. Played it once or twice and used that as my excuse not to buy their current album.

But I’ve been playing the download in the car a few times just before the hols and it was better than I’d remembered. So I clearly just wasn’t in the zone when I bought it and played it.

So now I have to decide if its worth getting the latest one… The thing is, they’re perfectly good, but it would mean I have 4 Trees Speak albums, and they’re not really a 4 albums band, when I’ve only got 3 Sparks albums or 2 Curtis Mayfield albums…

Just now, chrisp65 said:

The thing is, they’re perfectly good, but it would mean I have 4 Trees Speak albums, and they’re not really a 4 albums band, when I’ve only got 3 Sparks albums or 2 Curtis Mayfield albums…

I think that is a perfectly valid point

... says a man who has just bought 2 Moon Duo albums in the Rough Trade Sale, when he already has 3 (and 3 Rose City Band and 5 Wooden Shjips)... That will take me to 13 Ripley Johnson albums :mrgreen:

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

What's everyone bought off the back of these then?

Well Father Christmas got me this very festive CAN triple album that I’m working my way through.

I may well have been pissed yesterday, so I’m going to have another listen, but I could definitely hear some loose Happy Mondays / britpop stuff going on in this yesterday…

spacer.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xann said:

What's everyone bought off the back of these then?

Don't know that I've specifically bought anything tbh I had Neu!, Can and DAF before I owned any of these compilations. I also have Roedelius stuff and possibly Harmonia somewhere. And obviously Kraftwerk but they don't appear on these compilations

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Well Father Christmas got me this very festive CAN triple album that I’m working my way through.

I may well have been pissed yesterday, so I’m going to have another listen, but I could definitely hear some loose Happy Mondays / britpop stuff going on in this yesterday…

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Don't know that I've specifically bought anything tbh I had Neu!, Can and DAF before I owned any of these compilations. I also have Roedelius stuff and possibly Harmonia somewhere. And obviously Kraftwerk but they don't appear on these compilations

What?

No Faust?

119243044_3079784525477539_8136012539656128715_n.jpg.af1bc28f836e6aca3634e9c248b755d4.jpg

;) 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â