What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Right, another double album compilation. I think I posted volume one a while back (artists from France on the list)

This one focuses on German artists on the Nurse with Wounds lists

Strain Crack and Break Volume 2

R-19199701-1624175871-5527.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Unfortunately no. If it had, it would have cost a whole lot more I should think .

Yeah I got an early 80s repress with all the bits for 15 quid about six years back. Gone up a bit in value already

I, too, was wary about getting into jazz, because I knew it would mean going down a rabbit hole of a massive genre, and lots of CD purchases. But I did, and so it proved. I took the traditional route (as admirably suggested by @il_serpente) of starting with 'Kind of Blue', and then working out in all directions. I probably play more jazz and classical than rock these days. 

• Like 1

I first dipped my toe into the jazz waters with the fantastic blue break beats series. It was an in with familiar beats used on hip hop tracks I loved. From there I went to wider blue note and then beyond. I am not a crazy jazz head but I do like what I like. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

First of the Xmas haul. This one would definitely have been in my AOTY list had I owned it before today

Black Country, New Road's debut from this year For The First Time. Translucent blue vinyl and Lyric book (Limited edition of 600)

R-21042679-1637338490-8968.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Xmas Haul #2

Trees Speak - Almost Human plus free 7" with initial first pressing

This one is purely speculative as they released 2 albums this year and I thing this one from the descriptions of them is more me but I'll probably get the other one at some point. Succeeded in not listening to a single track before opening it, so it's brand new to me and sounding great as I type. Experimental Jazz meets German Electronics meets Post-Punk (with a hint of Space-Rock) is how I'd describe this instrumental album

R-18791365-1621424903-9861.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

First of the Xmas haul. This one would definitely have been in my AOTY list had I owned it before today

Black Country, New Road's debut from this year For The First Time. Translucent blue vinyl and Lyric book (Limited edition of 600)

R-21042679-1637338490-8968.jpeg.jpg

Full debut album is out early 2022! Should be a belter - loved this EP/mini album.

by all accounts they’re decent live too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Full debut album is out early 2022! Should be a belter - loved this EP/mini album.

by all accounts they’re decent live too!

Yes, this is really good, I await their album with interest. Much prefer them to their mates Black Midi

Just now, bickster said:

Yes, this is really good, I await their album with interest. Much prefer them to their mates Black Midi

Definitely - I reckon Black Midi are intentionally unlistenable at times just for the sake of their ‘art’ 

• Like 1

Haul#5

St Etienne - I've Been Trying To tell You - Poweder Blue Vinyl (Rough Trade Edition again) = includes 3 track remix CD. This version is in it's own clear sleeve protector wuth the roadsigns being stickers on that outer sleeve

Very different, trippy atmospheric pieces with field recordings and not the usual songs structure,

R-20145799-1631014000-6887.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â