What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

awww, I really really wanted them to be good.

As ever, the better half had him nailed from day one.

Anyway, I do have the slight cheery memory of ‘meeting’ the style council and producing a Merton Parkas record for Mick Talbot to sign but nothing for Weller to sign. 

• Haha 1

Son Lux - Lanterns. A speculative purchase back when it came out in 2013. Mine is the Ltd Edition Black / Clear vinyl. Prices are a bit bonkers, some people selling for as little as £13, median price is low tewnties, some copies have gone as high as £30

I don't know how to describe it. It's Art Rock for sure, there's a bit of The Antlers in the vocals but the music is more electronic but not in a bleepy way and there's lots of choral type bits. Hadn't played it for a while but it's back in the current regular pile after this playing.

I also think it's a bit Anna Calvi (the music not the vocals) but at the same time it's nothing like it either.

R-5044777-1382990562-4180.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

The new Girl Band album was released today. Really don't know how I feel about it. It walks a very thin line between terrible and genius.

I mean, just check out the latest song and video. It's the best video I've seen in a long time, and I kinda love the song, but at the same time it's kinda bad. It's confusing the hell out of me. (If you do decide to play the video below then watch the whole thing as the track changes quite a lot, it's incredibly interesting)

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The new Girl Band album was released today

Another one of those bands that I go.... Oh, they're on Rough Trade, probably not as good as people say they are. See Black Midi for another example.

I just don't think my tastes and Geoff Travis' are in the same orbit these days

Being on Rough Trade used to be somewhat a hallmark of quality, that has long since passed

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

@rjw63didn't have you down as a Stan Ridgeway fan

Maybe it was that song about Camel Farts or something?

Ridgeway had left the band by the time this came out.

Only purchased it for a very good cover of "Do It Again"...there's a cracking video on Youtube, Brian Wilson is in it and it's well weird.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Ridgeway had left the band by the time this came out.

Only purchased it for a very good cover of "Do It Again"...there's a cracking video on Youtube, Brian Wilson is in it and it's well weird.

50p?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â