What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Hasta El Cielo

Dub remix of last year's Khruangbin album.

48265273462_9ae3a4123f.jpg

harking back to the stats up page, this is 'limited' to 3,000

so I'm gonna guess there's no real rush to pile on with this one...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've been thinking about them and was wondering how they compiled their figures. As far as I'm aware, most of the Indies aren't chart return shops any more, I also suspect they shift more volume than HMV, the rest must be online sales from Amazon et al

Just now, bickster said:

I've been thinking about them and was wondering how they compiled their figures. As far as I'm aware, most of the Indies aren't chart return shops any more, I also suspect they shift more volume than HMV, the rest must be online sales from Amazon et al

It's a fair point. I believe Eggland was very successful for the Lovely Eggs, but I'd suspect a good portion of their sales were direct from their house via their own website, plus those sold at gigs that come with a chat and an autograph. I can't imagine many of the shops that stocked it were chart return shops.

Similarly, Super Furries 3 or 4 album release last year, I think they were only available via one website, but shifted about 600 in the first hour.

I don't imagine that many people wander in to those independent shops on less shiny streets and buy Queens Greatest Hits. I suspect that's been bought in HMV by someone that picked up a Crosley Cruiser turntable at the same time. Which incidentally, is the best piece of kit to play that album on.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Not got it yet but looking to acquire Purple Mountains self titled album by ex Silver Jews man, David Berman. 

Yeah I had it in my hand earlier, but couldn't resist the double whammy of an album that was yellow with the word dub on it

It'll go in my little book of things to keep in mind when I need a quick fix

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

Someones broken into Rob's and posted a picture of something he'd never play on Rob's turntable then posted it on VT

I feel like this is an opportunity for the cool kids to respond in kind and post up some second hand Bon Jovi or Judas Priest.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Someones broken into Rob's and posted a picture of something he'd never play on Rob's turntable then posted it on VT

But...I like the Raconteurs, Brendan Benson is an underated artist

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I feel like this is an opportunity for the cool kids to respond in kind and post up some second hand Bon Jovi or Judas Priest.

But...I like Judas Priest.

Bon Jovi are boring wank though.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2019 at 15:26, chrisp65 said:

Hasta El Cielo

Dub remix of last year's Khruangbin album.

48265273462_9ae3a4123f.jpg

so I'm gonna guess there's no real rush to pile on with this one...

Couldn't find a yellow vinyl version today, had to settle for black, so there are definitely more than 3000 out there, so going back to those figures posted above, I think they are most definitely rubbish and taken from the sources suggested

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's nice meandering mellow dub btw

it is, speakers stacked on a chair on the patio whilst I potter around

started with that, and have basically worked my way through everything quiet and smooth that to hand

Moody Blues

Wee

Colorama

Curtis Mayfield

Impressions

been a cracking Sunday

• Like 1

I bought this yesterday... though I'm currently streaming it in work not playing the vinyl. It's a remix album and again just like the Kruangbin one, I'm more interested in the remix album than the originals, it's the third such album I've biought this month (which is a little odd in itself)

I first became aware of this artist as a result of Burn On - Mogwai Rework which is S1,T1 on this album. I listened to the original albums and wasn't much interested as I recall, then I heard Carry Me - Cosey Fanni Tutti Rework (S1,T2) and again liked the remix. So yeaterday i Bought this because it was only £13.50, had it been full price I probably wouldn't have bothered but now having played it a couple of times I probably would. Its all very ambient / post rocky type stuff, its great for working to in the office or a chill late night album.

R-13730333-1559924908-4002.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â