What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not familiar, do you have many by these ;)

A couple ;) this is a 1967 three album set, I dig out the stuff I ain't played for ages every now & then.

I've got most of the Beach Boys albums, but the only one that gets anything like regular play is Surf's Up. I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks that 'Student Demonstration Time' is one of the best tracks on it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Does that sound like it looks?  

Almost certainly not, if I'm guessing what you think it sounds like correctly. There's not a great deal of church organ based, back metal influenced...whatever it is, around.

If you want to find out go to her website and there's a spotify list, the first 5 tracks of which are the new album.

All her albums are really excellent. You might find, that an element of prog in there is to your taste, I dunno. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I've got most of the Beach Boys albums, but the only one that gets anything like regular play is Surf's Up. I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks that 'Student Demonstration Time' is one of the best tracks on it. 

I also like SDT, but like you say most hate it. That's because the tracks that should have been on the LP (Dennis' "Fourth of July" and "Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again") are so far superior it's untrue. The lack of Dennis Wilson material on Surfs Up is it's only downside.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I also like SDT, but like you say most hate it. That's because the tracks that should have been on the LP (Dennis' "Fourth of July" and "Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again") are so far superior it's untrue. The lack of Dennis Wilson material on Surfs Up is it's only downside.

Sounds like they should bring out an expanded edition. Did you read the recent Mojo, with the Mike Love interview? I know everybody thinks he's an arse, but it was interesting to see his side of the story. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sounds like they should bring out an expanded edition. Did you read the recent Mojo, with the Mike Love interview? I know everybody thinks he's an arse, but it was interesting to see his side of the story. 

No, and I certainly won't be purchasing his latest attempt at music, "Unleash The Love". Even the title is cringeworthy.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

America's version of a mix between the stones, and Zeppelin. I own this one, Toys In The Attic, and Get Your Wings. Rocks being my least favourite. 

I've got

Toys in the Attic

Rocks

Pump

Permanent Vacation

Done With Mirrors.

Permanent vacation is the best, probably.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've got

Toys in the Attic

Rocks

Pump

Permanent Vacation

Done With Mirrors.

Permanent vacation is the best, probably.

Ah, I had Permanent Vacation on vinyl at one point along with the Attics, and Wings, but never replaced it on to cd when my vinyl collection got ruined. 

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

39888414384_2b8b466ecf_n.jpg which is a lovely thing, but if I didn't have a Jam flexi disc, this would be the thinnest record that I own and gets a proper bend on when try to remove it from the spinning platter. Followed currently by a nice bit of 1983. The mod revival thing has been and gone, we're not really power pop, so what do we do?

Putting dub on shitty thin vinyl should be a crime, needs proper heavyweight 180g

Â