What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Thee nu one from Ty Segall (and the Freedom Band). - Freedom’s Goblin

Can't remember if @mjmooneywas a fan of Marc Bolan, Ty Segall has never hidden his admiration (even did a whole album of covers) but anyone who likes Bolan should have a listen. Its different enough not to be a pastiche

4B6CBFE9-9246-4695-B65C-AFF30B235548.jpeg

Ace cover that one!

More incoming as I've been for a little shopping spree but as most of them are double's it could take some time

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thee nu one from Ty Segall (and the Freedom Band). - Freedom’s Goblin

Can't remember if @mjmooneywas a fan of Marc Bolan, Ty Segall has never hidden his admiration (even did a whole album of covers) but anyone who likes Bolan should have a listen. Its different enough not to be a pastiche

4B6CBFE9-9246-4695-B65C-AFF30B235548.jpeg

Ace cover that one!

More incoming as I've been for a little shopping spree but as most of them are double's it could take some time

Really like Ty Segall, especially his manipulator album from a few years back. 

Freedom’s Goblin is a cracker - even the hot chocolate cover! 

You might want want to check out mike Cronin and Kelley stoltz too

Edited by theboyangel

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Really like Ty Segall, especially his manipulator album from a few years back. 

Freedom’s Goblin is a cracker - even the hot chocolate cover! 

Yes. I think Manipulator was my favourite album of his too but that might change now. I'm almost at the end of the first disc right now and there really is no filler, every track so far stands on its own two feet

I'm a sucker for a good cover and Everyone's a winner is a corker!

EDIT: The closer, the reworking of Sleeper is fantastic. takes about 3 minutes for him to sing before you realise

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Onto Hookworms - Microshift

BA3802EC-88A8-4B73-BAED-AE00B71BF34F.jpeg

Is that the new One? I liked the previous one a lot, but they seem to have changed musical style and what I’ve heard of the new one is a lot less guitar based riffery and more sort of electronical.

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Is that the new One? I liked the previous one a lot, but they seem to have changed musical style and what I’ve heard of the new one is a lot less guitar based riffery and more sort of electronical.

Yep, the new one and yes you're right, more synthy. I like it, even if it is a bit more poppy

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Great album, mine's in original black and scratched to buggery

had it just on CD for quite a while, it wasn't on my list, then it had a cheapo reissue, and we all know clicky popping vinyl sounds better than CD so I treated myself, that it's blue was just a nice extra

one of my faves, although I did just get a dig in the ribs for snoring whilst, er, listening to it 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

New Car Seat Headrest album is out.

Anyone given it a listen?

It was album of the day on 6 Music yesterday. The one track I heard Tom Ravenscroft play was pretty good.  

• Like 1

Â