What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Can't stand his whiney northern accent ....another one for the boring thread for me.

Along with anything Blandy likes ;)

Mission accomplished!

Meanwhile on planet taste, the best Fall album is on

1665229.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I've heard that 'you look good on the dancefloor' song, I'm sure that's the title.

After that one, wasn't aware they'd done anything else.

I bet that wasn't them now and I've let myself down.

That's the ones. usually whining on about tarty young mothers in their housecoats and other such council estate bollox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

That's the ones. usually whining on about tarty young mothers in their housecoats and other such council estate bollox.

Oi oi Mr Bourgeoisie! What kind of council estate dweller wears a fecking 'Housecoat' ?! :crylaugh:

They wear Dressing Gowns from Asda/Peacocks/Select/Primani 

Housecoat FFS? You'll be telling me you stick your little pinky out when you're sipping from the scrumpy can next.....

Anyway, the Polar Baboons are ace, end of. 

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Oi oi Mr Bourgeoisie! What kind of council estate dweller wears a fecking 'Housecoat' ?! :crylaugh:

There's always a Fall song for the occasion (much like HMHB)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

They wear Dressing Gowns from Asda/Peacocks/Select/Primani 

Housecoat FFS? You'll be telling me you stick your little pinky out when you're sipping from the scrumpy can next.....

Anyway, the Polar Baboons are ace, end of. 

Earl Grey I sip with the pinky out, ya philistine :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Slightly ot, but the Fall did loads of covers/reworking of great songs and I reckon they rarely turned out a bad one. From krautrock, to disco, blues to 60s pop the range was really wide.  For ages, every new fall album had a cover song on it.

• Like 2

I've just gave The Fall a listen. Not my cup of tea, but they seem quite interesting, and I can see the attraction. It's made me want to go and explore early INXS for some reason. Not heard the early stuff for years, and goes against my taste, but there was some gems in among the shit. 

• Like 1

In that you can release a new vinyl album of new material for between a tenner and twelve quid, and he's already done well out of those Zeppelin records, and there's no production costs to the music because its already on the shelf, I expect that set will be around the £40 to £50 mark...

Unless of course, this is just a product and the accounting people need to work out the market value and asset realisation point on the elasticity of supply and demand graph. If it's done that way, then its north of £120.

Â