What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

GLamA5G.jpg

Chicago XI, before they went full-blown balladeers. Also the last album featuring Terry Kath and the last time Jim Guercio produced.

1 minute ago, turnbull said:

This guy is a bit of a BBC 6 Music darling, but it's easy to hear why. A fantastic album

Childish Gambino-Awaken, My Love!

Awaken,_My_Love!.jpg

Donald Glover seems to be great at everything he turns his hand to. His TV show, Atlanta is excellent. He's due to appear in the Han Solo film as Lando Calrissian as well. The talented bastard!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Donald Glover seems to be great at everything he turns his hand to. His TV show, Atlanta is excellent. He's due to appear in the Han Solo film as Lando Calrissian as well. The talented bastard!

I've been hearing his stuff lately, but not taken much notice, then I heard Redbone and it all clicked.

So much good music lately, just started listening to Anderson Paak and Thundercat, Just awesome stuff even a 57 year old bloke can enjoy and chill to. 

• Like 1

Just now, turnbull said:

I've been hearing his stuff lately, but not taken much notice, then I heard Redbone and it all clicked.

So much good music lately, just started listening to Anderson Paak and Thundercat, Just awesome stuff even a 57 year old bloke can enjoy and chill to. 

I've not heard the Thundercat album yet, but love the stuff he's done with Kendrick Lamar, and Flying Lotus. Need to check it out ASAP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I've not heard the Thundercat album yet, but love the stuff he's done with Kendrick Lamar, and Flying Lotus. Need to check it out ASAP.

I think the phrase is "he's out there". Absolutely love Drunk, especially Them Changes. 

• Like 2

papajoh.jpg

When I first heard this I wasn't as blown away as I expected to be, and found it to be a slightly one-note inferior follow up to the superb I Love you, Honeybear.

After ten or so listens later, I think it's a work of absolute genius and easily my favourite album of 2017 so far.

Brilliant stuff.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

papajoh.jpg

When I first heard this I wasn't as blown away as I expected to be, and found it to be a slightly one-note inferior follow up to the superb I Love you, Honeybear.

After ten or so listens later, I think it's a work of absolute genius and easily my favourite album of 2017 so far.

Brilliant stuff.

Probably going to buy it at the weekend. Looking forward to hearing it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

At last, you've mislaid your oasis records and found an actual band instead of a glorified covers band with zero originality fronted by an absolute bellend ;)

Fixed ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

At last, you've mislaid your oasis records and found the better band ;)

:D I don't mind a bit of Blur every now and again. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Designer1 said:

At last, you've mislaid your oasis records and found an actual band instead of a glorified covers band with zero originality fronted by an absolute bellend ;)

giphy.gif

:D

• Like 2

Â