What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never heard of these but they sound good going by the song above.

Believe the whole album may be on YouTube - worth checking out.

Edit - this album isn't (yet!) but their other albums are

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Believe the whole album may be on YouTube - worth checking out.

Edit - this album isn't (yet!) but their other albums are

It's on Spotify as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Image result for the black angels death song album

The Black Angels - Death Song

Only half way through this on first listen but awesome so far - tremendous Psychedelic Rock!!!!!

Great if you like BRMC, Thee Oh Sees, Moon Duo, Dead Meadow, Black Mountain and Wooden Shjips etc

Been listening to these lot for years.

They've done some fantastic albums particularly Passover and Indigo Meadow.

Think they're doing the institute later this year so I'll probably be going to that.

• Like 1

One of my favourite bands. Death from above 1979. Here's how it started, Dead Womb. 

Which is ironic because if an A10 warthog could fit into a recording studio and play bass guitar and drums this is exactly what it would sound like... 

Sat in garden ignoring every task that needs doing, having a Ray Winstone (very start of Sexy Beast ) moment on a sun lounger 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Sat in garden ignoring every task that needs doing, having a Ray Winstone (very start of Sexy Beast ) moment on a sun lounger 

Top film and I definitely would bang his missus in the film.

Absolutement madame. To both. My belly is only half way to winstones though so I better eat the sausage sarnies I made at home to bring here. 

Death From Above though, only two albums. Heavy. Mostly sort of distorted bass (but played more like a guitar) and drums. Very crashy slightly messy sort of noise rock. Not to all tastes!

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Absolutement madame. To both. My belly is only half way to winstones though so I better eat the sausage sarnies I made at home to bring here. 

Death From Above though, only two albums. Heavy. Mostly sort of distorted bass (but played more like a guitar) and drums. Very crashy slightly messy sort of noise rock. Not to all tastes!

Sounds a bit too punk for me.

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sounds a bit too punk for me.

Ok I'm taking a risk here. But if you think that might be too punk how about some sort of well soft poppy punk, girl punk. And yeah yeah I know I'm losing you right now. But there's an LA band. 3 women 1 dude. And I like 2/3 of their two albums. Some def skippers. But if I start you on Can You Deal, Next Stop and Turns To Rage, then there's my halfway measure to DFOA1979 being too punk. Doubt you'll have heard these but I'm def mellowing in old age

Edited by Midfielder
Sorry can't find Turn to rage. It's all on Spotify anyway

6 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Ok I'm taking a risk here. But if you think that might be too punk how about some sort of well soft poppy punk, girl punk. And yeah yeah I know I'm losing you right now. But there's an LA band. 3 women 1 dude. And I like 2/3 of their two albums. Some def skippers. But if I start you on Can You Deal, Next Stop and Turns To Rage, then there's my halfway measure to DFOA1979 being too punk. Doubt you'll have heard these but I'm def mellowing in old age

I got punk but I've never really liked it tbf. Don't get me wrong, the sex pistols made some decent songs but they never would of got me on board. Will give these songs a listen that you've posted.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Yeah they're ok bud just posted up for something new. I really don't come across new music Much I'm stuck in past with nirvana RHCP incubus prob some old Muse bit of ACdc plenty in that direction. Weak spot for some 80s house but not the really really bad stuff. Bit of Mark Farina mushroom Jazz / hous type crap these days etc

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's not much of a leap from Bleached to Sleater-Kinney

and on to Savages

Cheers. never heard of them. That first one is like Yeah Yeah Yeahs from Fever To Tell days and like Yeah yeah yeah meets QOTSA sort of. I'm gonna add on playlists thanks. In fact singer had style of a bit of Karen O style to her too

edit yeah def adding. When people say about a good deed done for the day that's yours done. Cheers ! 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Yeah they're ok bud just posted up for something new. I really don't come across new music Much I'm stuck in past with nirvana RHCP incubus prob some old Muse bit of ACdc plenty in that direction. Weak spot for some 80s house but not the really really bad stuff. Bit of Mark Farina mushroom Jazz / hous type crap these days etc

If you're stuck in the past I'm stuck in with the time of the dinosaurs.

• Like 1

Â