What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Ben-Frost-A-U-R-O-R-A-Packshot-600x600.j

I haven't been able to connect with 'Aurora' in the same way I connected with 'By The Throat', which is a brilliant album. I think I need to find the right context for listening to it.

Every time I scroll through this thread I realise how different my musical taste is to most others on here. Right now it is

Motley_Crue_-_Dr_Feelgood-front.jpg

which I guess Rugeley might like but few others will. I love it. Their 2nd or 3rd best album, IMO.

• Like 2

Dude imo its their second best album, but its my third favourite album by them. I prefer girls and shout over DR feelgood, girls is their best imo. I think feelgood is slightly over produced, also by the time this album came out they were clean and although it benefits in some ways I also think they lose a bit of their edge with it. Its still a really good album though.

Every time I scroll through this thread I realise how different my musical taste is to most others on here. Right now it is

which I guess Rugeley might like but few others will. I love it. Their 2nd or 3rd best album, IMO.

Why IS metal (in all its forms) so big in Scandinavia? 

Is it down to the weather, or something? 

Pelle I take it back, shout is better than feelgood. I love shout and imo its better than feelgood but not quite as good as girls. I'm not a big metal fan if I'm honest, I like some bands but most I can take or leave. I have megadeth,metallica,iron maiden,judas priest albums but I rarely listen to them these days. I don't class sabbath as metal in the sense like the bands above are.

I really don't know why metal is so big over here. But I like it. :) And Sweden Rock Festival has grown to become one of the absolute biggest festivals here.

IMO Feelgood and Shout is their 2nd and 3rd best, but can't say in which order. Now, for their best, IMO, I might come up with a blasphemy now, is their self titled one with John Corrabi as a singer. It's very different to the rest of their albums and really, really good. But I agree that Theatre is by far their worst before the '90's.

Why IS metal (in all its forms) so big in Scandinavia? 

Is it down to the weather, or something? 

Is it not the fact that the long hair an beards appeal to their Viking heritage? 

I really don't know why metal is so big over here. But I like it. :) And Sweden Rock Festival has grown to become one of the absolute biggest festivals here.

IMO Feelgood and Shout is their 2nd and 3rd best, but can't say in which order. Now, for their best, IMO, I might come up with a blasphemy now, is their self titled one with John Corrabi as a singer. It's very different to the rest of their albums and really, really good. But I agree that Theatre is by far their worst before the '90's.

no no no no no no no no. My grandad has it but I don't, I'll probably will never listen to it either. In fairness though I have heard it aint bad, does it have a bit of a grunge sound to it?

It does and I really think you should give it a go. Think of it as an album of some random band you've never heard before. As a critic said, it's among the best they've ever done, but I don't know if I want them to sound like that. Your grandad? :) Cool grandad.

That's the trouble, its got motley crue on the album so I'd expect motley crue ha. Like you say I'd probably like it if I listen to it as a random album. Yeah he's got all the crue albums up until the self titled one. He's got most stuff mate from all kinds of genres. His music room was a treasure chest for me when I was growing up.

Just tell me he's got some Queen albums too and he's my favourite granddad. :-D Mine, well, let's just say he hardly knew anything about metal. He was born in the 19th century after all. Probably looked up to guys like Mooney and his friends. ;)

• Like 2

Yeah he's got queen. Its quite strange really because my grandad was quite a conservative bloke, and when bands like zep and sabbath came out he was 34 so you would think he would look down on all those loud long haired bands, but he loved all that type of music. He was a biker and he still has his leathers from back then and also his teddy boy suits. As I've said he was into most stuff apart from punk and pop. Huge influence on me, he got me int most of the bands I like. The stones and sabbath are his favourite bands, he rates the stones as the best band ever and paul kossoff is his favourite guitarist. I love being along side blokes in their 50s and 60s who are into rock music because they were around when my fav bands were about, bloke I used to work with used to roadie with a band. He used to drink with glenn hughes when he was with trapeze and also told me the story when he bumped into sabbath in the early 70s at a petrol station coming back from a gig. Spoilt for choice back then.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â